TAYLOR BELL struck the winning penalty as Heworth lifted the York FA Under-11s Junior Cup at Tockwith.

Heworth and Thorpe United were locked at 1-1 after normal time and Heworth won the shoot-out 4-2 to claim the trophy.

All the pressure in the first ten minutes of the final came from Heworth, but they were unable to break down a strong Thorpe defence.

However, eventually Jared Garrett broke away to slot the ball home from 15 yards to give Heworth the lead.

Thomas Kendall almost made it two at the break but his 20-yard drive was well saved by Thorpe’s Luke Matthews.

The second half saw end to end football with no clear cut chances until Thorpe’s Alfie Bugg’s 30-yard drive rocketed high into the Heworth net to level the score on 52 minutes.

Thatt forced a penalty shoot-out, but it was Heworth who were the victors, with the trophy being presented by Roy Ellwood, president of York FA.

There was a cup double for Dringhouses as they lifted the York FA U19s Cup and the York FA U12s Junior Cup.

A 6-0 win over Rawcliffe in the final of the York MotorSports Village-sponsored U19s Cup saw Houses complete twin successes, following on from their York FA U19s League title triumph.

Dringhouses threw everything at Rawcliffe in the first half, going close through Tom Hawksby, Sam Backhouse, Liam Robertson and Joe Galloway, but keeper James Ash was in stunning form, pulling off some top-drawer saves.

Five minutes after the break, Cameron Mulhearn headed the ball into the roof of the Rawcliffe net from a corner.

Matty Mulhearn doubled the tally on 58 minutes when his close-range right-foot shot found the bottom left corner of the Rawcliffe net.

Joe Galloway made it three for Dringhouses as he tapped the ball in following a spill from keeper Ash.

Cameron Mulhearn grabbed another headed goal on 75 minutes and Sam Lake crossed for Joe Rawcliffe to score with a close-range header shortly after seeing an effort ruled out for offside.

The sixth goal was scored from close range by Hawksby on 89 minutes to maintain Dringhouses’ two-year unbeaten run.

The cup was presented by Ellwood, while the league championship was presented by York FA honorary secretary Geoff Hartley.

Dringhouses U12s were 2-1 winners over Brayton in their Construction Marine Ltd-sponsored competition.

They got off to a flying start as Elliot Oliver’s corner was met by Ben Heath, who headed home on three minutes. Dringhouses keeper Nathan Storr pulled off a fine one-handed save from Brayton’s Harry Jackson on 18 minutes.

Brayton failed to take advantage of several long balls into the Dringhouses box before the break.

The teams cancelled each other out in the early stages of the second half.

Dringhouses’ Sam Avery saw his 15-yard drive tipped on to the bar by keeper Charlie Precious but when Roscoe Dawson put Avery through on 57 minutes he made no mistake.

Brayton’s Spencer Smith latched on to a ball straight from the kick-off to pull a goal back, but Dringhouses held on to lift the trophy.

Ellwood presented the cup.