HUNTINGTON Rovers' 100 per cent start to the York Minster Engineering League premier division season was brought to an abrupt end as they were sent crashing to a 4-1 defeat at home by Old Malton St Mary's.

Despite going in level at the break through a Jon James' goal after an even first period, the hosts could not cope with an onslaught from Malton in the second half as the former champions secured the points and propelled themselves up to fourth in the table.

Dringhouses took the lead at Wigginton Grasshoppers through a well-taken Sam Drake goal, but were pegged back just before the break when Pat Evans sent Matt Tiplady through to fire in the equaliser.

With chances at both ends in the second half, the game was decided by an own goal when an Evans cross was turned into his own net by a Houses defender to give leaders Wigginton a 2-1 win.

Dunnington sit second after a 6-0 win over York RI.

F1 Racing resumed winning ways with a 6-3 triumph over Hemingbrough United.

The home side started brightly and took an early lead through Jona Giordano.

Hemingbrough responded quickly via Nathan Parker and Liam Gautry to nose 2-1 in front by the quarter-hour mark.

However, Chris Smith set up Chris Dempsey to level matters, and Dempsey added his second to make it 3-2 at the break. Alex Martin made it 4-2 to F1 shortly after the restart and, although Brough responded through Jamie Wheeler, Martin bagged two further goals to complete his hat-trick and seal the points for F1.

A fourth goal of the season for Jacob Green was enough to see Copmanthorpe victorious at Tadcaster Magnets.

Lewis Beecher netted twice for Church Fenton to earn a point at Sporting Knavesmire. Tom Williams and Danny Owers bagged for the hosts.

Malton & Norton gained a hard-fought 4-3 victory over Poppleton United thanks to goals from Scott Preston (2), Simon Reeves and Chris Rhodes.

Pocklington Town top division one after the first round of games thanks to a thumping 7-1 win at Brooklyn.

Thomas Reay hit four with Chris Tatterton, Tom Knowles and Huw Jones also finding the target. Stuart Corner replied.

The new management team at Cliffe got off to an ideal start as an Isaac Leach hat-trick fired them to a 4-1 win over Harrison Signs. David Durham also netted for the hosts.

An own goal plus strikes from Olly Newby and Daniel Harvey gave Wilberfoss a 3-1 success at Riccall. Thorpe United defeated Rawcliffe by the same scoreline.

Haxby United head division two following a 14-0 win over Heslington. George Jackson bagged for Civil Service who also had a brace of own goals to thank for a 3-3 draw at Stamford Bridge. Alex Burton netted in Strensall's 3-1 home defeat to Bishopthorpe.

Reserve 'A' champions Huntington Rovers had a last-minute Nicke Rakocevic penalty to thank for securing a 2-1 win at Malton & Norton. M&N's Thomas Garbutt had earlier cancelled out a Rakocevic opener.

Luke Rayner, Dan Mustill, Tom Knight and Jon Page struck in Thorpe United's 4-1 triumph over Dunnington. Tom Coates hit a brace as Wigginton beat Copmanthorpe 2-0. Pocklington Town beat Church Fenton 6-3.

Callum Marshall notched four goals as Heworth Green defeated Dringhouses 6-1 in reserve 'B'. Dan Marshall also found the target with an own goal adding to Heworth's haul. Tom Hawksby replied.

James Walker netted twice to give Harrison Signs a 2-1 win over Haxby United, Daryl Bateson replying. Ed Kay's strike and an own goal were not enough for F1 Racing as they lost 3-2 to Bishopthorpe United.

In Reserve C, Malt Shovel defeated Cliffe 5-1, Ben Whelan hitting the consolation.