Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division: Tadcaster Albion 5 Retford United 0

ALL five goals came from set-pieces as Tadcaster Albion stayed a point clear at the top, with Jimmy Beadle's 15-minute hat-trick sealing victory in the first half.

Although the Badgers pushed hard for a way back in the second half, Albion put some gloss over the victory in the final few minutes via Josh Greening and Josh Barrett.

Manager Billy Miller made just one alteration to the side that beat Barton Town Old Boys a fortnight previously, with Adam Baker in place of Liam Ormsby, allowing Jonathan Greening to move back to central midfield.

The Brewers started on the front foot, free-kick specialist Conor Sellars pumping a set-piece narrowly over from 19 yards out after ten minutes before Baker's perfectly weighted ball behind Retford’s defence forced Jamie Davies to save well from Josh Greening's low shot.

After almost 20 minutes, there was a worry for the hosts as goalkeeper Gary Stevens stayed down after colliding with Gregg Anderson, who had stopped a dangerous United attack by beating Mark Waters to the ball before crashing into Stevens, who continued after treatment.

Ironically, this delay stopped Retford's rhythm, and the Brewers broke the deadlock on the half-hour as Beadle found enough space at the near post to head in Baker’s corner.

Sellars was having another impressive game on the right for Tadcaster, and his bobbling half-volley was clawed out for a corner by Davies.

From the resulting flag-kick, Albion doubled their lead, Beadle glancing home Josh Greening's delivery in what was almost a carbon-copy of the opener.

Stevens then saved well from Gareth Campion before Beadle was given a golden opportunity to complete his first-half hat-trick when, from a sublime counter-attack initiated by Josh Greening, Jonathan Greening was brought down by Davies after Beadle had put him through.

Beadle smashed the spot-kick down the centre of the goal for his 19th of the season, making him the Brewers' top scorer.

The Badgers should have pulled a goal back just after the hour as Bradley Johnson smashed low and hard across goal, Adam Lee missing the ball when any contact would have been fruitful.

The tireless Sellars almost made it four but his ferocious left-foot shot was kept out by Davies.

Retford had another glorious chance when substitute Jermaine Gordon turned Anderson and squared past Stevens but no black and white shirt was on hand.

However, Tadcaster put some gloss on the victory with six minutes left when James Finnegan was pulling Josh Greening’s shirt, the latter – with Beadle now off – sending Davies the wrong way from the penalty spot.

Josh Greening almost got his second immediately after when his low shot trickled under Davies, Campion clearing off the line.

However, Albion saved the best until last when, in the 88th minute, Josh Greening played a slick one-two with Josh Barrett before taking the ball perfectly in his stride, gliding past Jordan Hardman via a super step-over, and squaring the ball back for Barrett to roll home his third of the season.

The Badgers came closest to a consolation in stoppage time as Jack Bradbury rounded Stevens and rolled the ball towards the empty, Anderson doing terrifically to hook the ball off the line and preserve a clean sheet.

Team: Stevens, Armstrong, Clayton, Milne, Anderson, Mycoe, Sellars (Stewart 85), Jonathan Greening, Beadle © (Black 63), Josh Greening, Baker (Barrett 68). Unused subs: Heath, Ormsby.

Attendance: 303.