YORK RUFC racked up their fourth win in a row and claimed a five point haul as they swept past Yorkshire One stragglers West Park Leeds 34-7 at Clifton Park.

The visitors started brightly but head coach Lee Denham's men were spurred on and, with back row Marcus Britland giving the home side excellent momentum from the base of the scrum, York moved the ball quickly and Will Dunlop scored out wide.

Fly-half Liam Hessay missed the conversion but was on target when West Park were offside as York stretched their lead to 8-0.

From the restart, York thwarted a West Park attack and, when the visitors kicked back, full-back George Davies caught and distributed the ball with ease. West Park infringed at the breakdown as York rumbled forward and a quick tap was shipped out to the right flank for Dunlop to finish again.

Hessay, who clearly had found his range, converted from out wide for a 15-0 lead.

York played with good intensity for the next 15 minutes and were unlucky not to add to the score.

Britland, Chris Fox and Darren Rutherford made good ground in the tight and Tom Newitt showed some excellent running lines in the wider channels.

It was Newitt's pace and classy running that not only took him away from the West Park defenders but also his support.

If a long looping pass, after a 30 metre run, had found a team mate, York would have been over the whitewash again.

But they slowed the pace down and camped on West Park's line, Chris Peace being the first to be held up.

A series of scrums with York in the ascendancy resulted in the third try as York stole against the head and pushed over for Josh G reenfield to dab down. Hessay added the extras.

The bonus point, and a 27-0 lead, came before the end of the first half as Gareth Singleton, playing on the left wing, bounced two defenders to score.

The challenge for York in the second half was to keep up the intensity and extend the winning margin.

While there were some good performances, West Park came back into the game in the second period and frustrated the home side.

Newitt was again at the centre of York’s attacking moves as a charge down gave him the opportunity to run deep into the West Park half and the resulting pass found replacement winger Hugh Nicholson who, for the second week in a row, clinically finished the move to score.

Twenty minutes of frustration saw York fail to add any more points and West Park increased their intensity and aggression to make the game more competitive. Dunlop, Newitt and Davies were all denied by a mixture of knock-ons and last-gasp tackles and the last ten minutes belong to the visitors, who forced York back towards their own line.

Their increased intensity saw their pacy second row Clayton Hill scoring a well-deserved try. Save for some scrambled defence, Hill might have been in again but York managed to hold out.