Top-flight champions King William put Severus to sword in 8-1 victory

York Press: King William’s Mitch Carter Skips a  challenge from Severus’ Nick Hartley in division one of the Ian’s  Cars of Barlby York Sunday Morning League King William’s Mitch Carter Skips a challenge from Severus’ Nick Hartley in division one of the Ian’s Cars of Barlby York Sunday Morning League

REIGNING champions King William are on course to retain their division one crown after brushing aside basement side Severus 8-1 in the Ian’s Cars of Barlby York Sunday Morning Football League.

The crushing win moved unbeaten King William to within three points of leaders Wigginton Grasshoppers with five games in hand.

King William dominated from the start and went 1-0 up on ten minutes with a strike from Nathan Kamara.

Further goals from Kamara, Daniel Snaith and Mitchell Carter followed to stretch the lead to 4-0 at the break.

They soon went 6-0 in front when Kamara hit two quick goals to take his personal tally to four and then Joshua Leemin made it 7-0.

Chris Lane hit a late consolation for Severus before Carter scored his second.

Dunnington rose into mid-table when they battered hosts Enterprise 8-2.

Enterprise led two minutes into the game when Chris Dempsey scored from the penalty spot.

The visitors hit back with a brace from Jonny Andrew plus further strikes from Simon Castle, Matt Wain, Mike Noble and Jimmy Willmoth to lead 6-1 at half-time.

The second period saw the villagers increase their lead to 8-1 when Willmoth grabbed his second and substitute Liam Summers came off the bench to net before Paul Bentley got a late one for Enterprise.

Leeman United went top of division two after beating previous leaders Hambleton 4-0.

Olly Newby opened the scoring and Mike McKenzie doubled the lead just before the break.

Liam Stilgoe and Lloyd Crawford made sure of the points with second-half goals.

Callum McKenzie took his goal tally to 14 for the season when he netted twice for Beeswing at Bubwith White Swan.

However, it was not enough to stop ’Wing slipping to a 3-2 loss, a result that saw White Swan jump into second place.

The home side opened the scoring through Si Holder, but McKenzie struck twice to give Wing a 2-1 half-time lead.

White Swan equalised when Jamie Sedman forced the ball home following a goalmouth scramble.

Then, with time running out, Kristian Wood netted the winner for Bubwith.

Huntington Rovers stayed in touch with leading sides after seeing off visitors Albion Vaults 5-3.

Matthew Howden put Albion 1-0 up after ten minutes, but Danny Franks equalised for the home side five minutes later.

The last ten minutes of the first half belonged to Rovers as Lee Bunce netted twice and Franks scored his second to put them 4-1 in front at the break.

In the second period, Danny Hewitt struck twice for Albion to make it 4-3.

The result was secured for Rovers when Chris Dyson netted to make it 5-3 with five minutes left on the clock.

Nick Lawrie hit a hat-trick for York Nomads in their 4-2 win over York Medics.

Kieran Flanaghan completed the scoring for Nomads.


Comments are closed on this article.


Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree