WIGGINTON Grasshoppers closed the gap on leaders Dunnington with a 4-2 win at Riccall United in the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division.

Hosts Riccall, defending an unbeaten run of five games, took the lead after 15 minutes through Wayne Brook and the same player doubled the advantage less than ten minutes later.

However, before the break Lee Stewart reduced the deficit for Wigginton.

In the second half, two goals from Lee McQuade, the division’s top scorer with 23 goals, swung the game in Grasshoppers’ favour.

A second goal of the game for Stewart five minutes from time sealed the victory.

Terrington Glory consolidated third place in the table with a 3-1 home win over Easingwold Town.

An Alex Yates goal separated the sides at the break.

Ben Richardson made it 2-0 with his 13th league goal of the season and, although Tom Green pulled one back for Easingwold, Glory sealed a sixth game without defeat with an own goal ten minutes from time.

York RI and Poppleton went head-to-head both looking for their first win in four games, and it was visiting Poppleton who won 4-2.

Lee Powell’s opening goal for the hosts was cancelled out by Nick Moss before Alex Janes put Pop in front with a penalty.

Powell hit his second of the game to draw RI level, but a Joe Dale brace in the last eight minutes secured the points for Pop.

Chris Dyson hit four goals in Huntington Rovers’ 5-0 win at Hamilton Panthers.

The pick of the Dyson bunch was his third, a bullet header from a pin-point cross by Gary Mitchinson.

Mitchinson completed the rout for Huntington.

The top three sides in division one all suffered defeats, so it was a good day for fourth-placed White Horse Church Fenton who won 3-0 at Wilberfoss and who have games in hand on the leading trio.

Leaders Aviva suffered their first home defeat of the season as they went down 2-0 to Pocklington.

Tom Reay and Tom Hoole netted for Pock.

Second-placed St Clement’s were beaten 1-0 at Haxby, Darren Storey hitting the only goal of the game as Haxby enjoyed their first home win in 17 matches.

After a goalless first half, third-placed Malton & Norton lost 2-1 at home to Total Sports United.

Will Wood and substitute Dan Palmer hit the goals for the visitors.

Kingsley Daffern hit the lone reply for the hosts.

Hemingbrough recorded their first home win of the season as they defeated Amotherby & Swinton 4-0.

Craig Haythorne scored twice in the first period to add to a Jamie Wheeler goal.

Tom Collins, scoring for the fifth game on the trot, completed the rout.

Only two games were scheduled in division two and both finished as draws.

Stamford Bridge drew 1-1 at Rawcliffe.

A Reece Chapelow free-kick fired Rawcliffe in front, with James Hunt salvaging a point for Stamford.

Thorpe United recorded their first draw in 14 games as they hit two late goals to secure a 3-3 stalemate at Cliffe.

Daz Rollinson and Lee Carter (2) were on target for Cliffe.