Thornton house hit by fire

First published in Ryedale news

A HOUSE in Ryedale was badly damaged after a chimney fire spread to the roof and a bedroom.

Emergency crews from Pickering, Snainton and Scarborough were called to Westgate, in Thornton le Dale, yesterday afternoon.

They suspected the fire to have been caused by “radiated heat from a log burner”. The house suffered fire, smoke and water damage.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree