MP Hugh Bayley nominates We Could Be Astronauts for Rock The House competition

We Could Be Astronauts

We Could Be Astronauts

First published in News

A ROCK band from York has been nominated by one of the city’s MPs to represent the area in a parliamentary live-music competition.

York Central MP Hugh Bayley said he was “very happy” to nominate five-piece We Could Be Astronauts for the Rock The House competition, which aims to promote live music.

Dave Hartley, the band’s drummer, said: “We’re a very hard-working band and something like Rock The House is a great way to get our name out there to more people.”

Mr Bayley said: “There is a wealth of musical talent in my constituency and I have heard very good things about We Could Be Astronauts. It would be great if the next big British band came from York.”

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:00am Tue 3 Apr 12

ouch_kevin says...

Hilarious.

He doesn't even say he's ever heard them - just that he's "heard good things" about them.

...I love "next big thing" articles.
Hilarious. He doesn't even say he's ever heard them - just that he's "heard good things" about them. ...I love "next big thing" articles. ouch_kevin
  • Score: 0

11:57am Tue 3 Apr 12

roskoboskovic says...

this is bayleys pastie moment.i bet the idiot had never heard of them before he saw the chance for a bit of personal publicity.
this is bayleys pastie moment.i bet the idiot had never heard of them before he saw the chance for a bit of personal publicity. roskoboskovic
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Mentos says...

Mike Oxuge wrote:
The day I take music advice from an MP is the day I shove a red hot poker into both my ears.
Is that any MP? Including those who are accomplished musicians and/or very well informed about music of some kind or other.
[quote][p][bold]Mike Oxuge[/bold] wrote: The day I take music advice from an MP is the day I shove a red hot poker into both my ears.[/p][/quote]Is that any MP? Including those who are accomplished musicians and/or very well informed about music of some kind or other. Mentos
  • Score: 0

3:17pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Ignatius Lumpopo says...

MPs know all about music. That's why the MP3 player was invented.
MPs know all about music. That's why the MP3 player was invented. Ignatius Lumpopo
  • Score: 0

3:43pm Tue 3 Apr 12

MOR Music says...

Best of luck guys!
Best of luck guys! MOR Music
  • Score: 0

4:36pm Tue 3 Apr 12

powerwatt says...

Mentos wrote:
Mike Oxuge wrote:
The day I take music advice from an MP is the day I shove a red hot poker into both my ears.
Is that any MP? Including those who are accomplished musicians and/or very well informed about music of some kind or other.
Got to agree there are some quite major music industry guys who are now MPs.
[quote][p][bold]Mentos[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mike Oxuge[/bold] wrote: The day I take music advice from an MP is the day I shove a red hot poker into both my ears.[/p][/quote]Is that any MP? Including those who are accomplished musicians and/or very well informed about music of some kind or other.[/p][/quote]Got to agree there are some quite major music industry guys who are now MPs. powerwatt
  • Score: 0

7:31pm Tue 3 Apr 12

Buzz Light-year says...

Dave Hartley, the band’s drummer, said: “We’re a very hard-working band and something like Rock The House is a great way to get our name out there to more people.”

....however, now that some establishment stiff no-mark party yes-man who's never heard our tunes has bigged us up in a vain attempt to appear down with the kids we fear we are doomed.
We're gonna change our name and take on a new musical direction as soon as we can...
[quote]Dave Hartley, the band’s drummer, said: “We’re a very hard-working band and something like Rock The House is a great way to get our name out there to more people.”[/quote] ....however, now that some establishment stiff no-mark party yes-man who's never heard our tunes has bigged us up in a vain attempt to appear down with the kids we fear we are doomed. We're gonna change our name and take on a new musical direction as soon as we can... Buzz Light-year
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree