Man, 79, in Cliffe fire drama

Man, 79, in Cliffe fire drama

Man, 79, in Cliffe fire drama

Updated in News

A 79-year-old man suffered from breathing in smoke when a chip pan caught fire in his kitchen yesterday evening. The smoke alarms sounded in the house in Oxen Lane, Cliffe, near Selby, and he alerted firefighters, who put out the fire and gave him oxygen. Paramedics treated him at the scene, but he did not need hospital treatment. The fire caused smoke damage to several rooms.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree