Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YORK to 80360 or send an email»
McDonald's tries again for new branch in York
1:13pm Sunday 8th December 2013 in News
FAST food giant McDonald’s is making a fresh attempt to open a new drive-through restaurant on the edge of York.
The firm originally submitted plans for an outlet at Monks Cross Drive earlier this year before withdrawing the proposals, but it has now submitted a new application to City of York Council and a decision is expected next month.
The restaurant is expected to employ at least 65 full and part-time staff which could increase if trading is successful. It said that, apart from management, almost all staff would be local.
If the plans are approved, the new outlet would have space for 96 customers and would replace McDonald’s existing restaurant at Monks Cross Shopping Park, which Planware said was not big enough.
In a statement, the chain’s agents Planware Limited said the scheme had initially been put on hold because of landscaping and newt fencing.
Comments are closed on this article.