Fire at Kuki Hair And Beauty Spa in Huntington Road

First published in News

FOUR people were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a York hair salon.

Firefighters were called to Kuki Hair And Beauty Spa in Huntington Road yesterday morning after a electrical fault in a tumble dryer caused a fire.

Five fire extinguishers were used to try and put out the flames before fire crews arrived.

Three men and one woman were given oxygen and first aid by fire crews before they were checked by ambulance crews.

A utility room suffered 60 per cent smoke damage and there was minor smoke damage to the rest of premises, a fire service spokesman said.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree