Paul Taylor of Selby left in fear by airgun attacks on his home

York Press: Paul Taylor with a damaged window at his home in Bondgate, Selby Paul Taylor with a damaged window at his home in Bondgate, Selby

A MAN whose home has been targeted by a series of airgun attacks has told of his fears if the culprits are not caught.

Vandals have caused damage costing hundreds of pounds to Paul Taylor’s double-glazed windows at his home in Bondgate, Selby, which has been targeted on three occasions in the last two years.

The latest incident happened at the end of November, with others on May 18, and in January 2011. Mr Taylor said the shootings had left him frightened in his own home.

He said: “The last time it happened, they broke two of three double-glazed windows. They shot two of them, which shattered completely, and the next time it was the centre one and that went through the plastic frame.

“It’s worrying because the sink is right in front of the window, and I’m frightened to be standing there doing the dishes. It’s got to the point where I’m frightened to walk down the drive for fear of getting one in the face. It sounds silly, but now I walk backwards down the drive, or put a hand over my face.”

Mr Taylor’s home is one of two properties in the area which have been targeted three times in recent months – the other in Wistow Road – and all the incidents have happened during daylight hours.

He said: “I’m scared stiff of getting one in the face. I shouldn’t be scared in my own garden. I’m scared cutting the grass in the summer. It’s obviously not an accident now. If it hits you in the eye it can blind you or worse.

“The problem is, how can police find them unless someone sees them? If they find out who it is I’m intending to prosecute. Not just for having my windows broken, but for the stress it’s causing, it’s scaring me to death.”

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman told The Press: “These were clearly acts of absolute stupidity.

“Even if the air rifle pellet itself does not cause injury, shards of flying glass may hit people.”

Anyone with information on the incidents should phone police on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:17am Thu 13 Dec 12

Pete the Brickie says...

Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target. Pete the Brickie

10:33am Thu 13 Dec 12

nasrudin says...

Does the press employ the world's shortest photographer?
Does the press employ the world's shortest photographer? nasrudin

10:34am Thu 13 Dec 12

eeoodares says...

Pete the Brickie wrote:
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
My air rifle could not break a double glazed window, even if I was next to it. Pete sounds about right to me. A .22 bullet would kill you so it is worth while investigating.
[quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]My air rifle could not break a double glazed window, even if I was next to it. Pete sounds about right to me. A .22 bullet would kill you so it is worth while investigating. eeoodares

11:11am Thu 13 Dec 12

Whistlejacket says...

Pete the Brickie wrote:
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
I was going to say that no-one with an FAC would be stupid enough to aim at a target above the horizon, but then I realized that this is Selby :)
[quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]I was going to say that no-one with an FAC would be stupid enough to aim at a target above the horizon, but then I realized that this is Selby :) Whistlejacket

11:55am Thu 13 Dec 12

Tom6187 says...

There's no way that an air rifle could do that much damage to double glazing. Even a top of the line gas powered air rifle couldn't.
There's no way that an air rifle could do that much damage to double glazing. Even a top of the line gas powered air rifle couldn't. Tom6187

11:58am Thu 13 Dec 12

muckybutt says...

Pete the Brickie wrote:
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m.

A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit.

Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.
[quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m. A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit. Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is. muckybutt

1:02pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible". CHISSY1

1:56pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Podlet says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps? Podlet

2:13pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
[quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact". CHISSY1

2:38pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Podlet says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
A fact, CHISSY1? So where are the reports of a fingertip search of the local area? A local house to house search? Or of a 24 hour staffed cordon around the premises?

They may have stated they are doing everything within their remit (you don't source your quote), but that is very different to them doing everything possible.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]A fact, CHISSY1? So where are the reports of a fingertip search of the local area? A local house to house search? Or of a 24 hour staffed cordon around the premises? They may have stated they are doing everything within their remit (you don't source your quote), but that is very different to them doing everything possible. Podlet

2:56pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
A fact, CHISSY1? So where are the reports of a fingertip search of the local area? A local house to house search? Or of a 24 hour staffed cordon around the premises?

They may have stated they are doing everything within their remit (you don't source your quote), but that is very different to them doing everything possible.
"I know that they are doing everything possible".
[quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]A fact, CHISSY1? So where are the reports of a fingertip search of the local area? A local house to house search? Or of a 24 hour staffed cordon around the premises? They may have stated they are doing everything within their remit (you don't source your quote), but that is very different to them doing everything possible.[/p][/quote]"I know that they are doing everything possible". CHISSY1

3:03pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Podlet says...

"It's true because I say it's true, and no rational argument or collection of evidence will make me think differently!"

Cool, but I'm back off to the real world.
"It's true because I say it's true, and no rational argument or collection of evidence will make me think differently!" Cool, but I'm back off to the real world. Podlet

3:25pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Podlet wrote:
"It's true because I say it's true, and no rational argument or collection of evidence will make me think differently!"

Cool, but I'm back off to the real world.
"It is true,no need for any sort of argument,i am stating a fact,does that not make you think".
[quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: "It's true because I say it's true, and no rational argument or collection of evidence will make me think differently!" Cool, but I'm back off to the real world.[/p][/quote]"It is true,no need for any sort of argument,i am stating a fact,does that not make you think". CHISSY1

3:53pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Ichabod76 says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ?

Are you a police officer ??
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ?? Ichabod76

4:01pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ?

Are you a police officer ??
"If i was would you expect me to admit it".
[quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]"If i was would you expect me to admit it". CHISSY1

4:06pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Podlet says...

Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ?

Are you a police officer ??
My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."
[quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can." Podlet

4:10pm Thu 13 Dec 12

sheps lad says...

Podlet & Ichabod save your breath, you can't educate pork. p.s. no response is required from anyone whose name starts with a C.
Podlet & Ichabod save your breath, you can't educate pork. p.s. no response is required from anyone whose name starts with a C. sheps lad

4:30pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Podlet wrote:
Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ?

Are you a police officer ??
My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."
"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".
[quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."[/p][/quote]"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical". CHISSY1

4:38pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Podlet says...

CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
"The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ?

Are you a police officer ??
My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."
"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".
A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional.
[quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."[/p][/quote]"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".[/p][/quote]A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State[d] a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional. Podlet

4:54pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Pete the Brickie says...

muckybutt wrote:
Pete the Brickie wrote:
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m.

A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit.

Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.
I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon.

Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say.
[quote][p][bold]muckybutt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m. A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit. Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.[/p][/quote]I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon. Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say. Pete the Brickie

4:58pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Pete the Brickie says...

Podlet, it really is best not to answer him if you don't want to end up like me with him stalking your every post.

Thanks for distracting him today though.
Podlet, it really is best not to answer him if you don't want to end up like me with him stalking your every post. Thanks for distracting him today though. Pete the Brickie

5:01pm Thu 13 Dec 12

AngryandFrustrated says...

Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??
My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."
"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".
A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional.
LOL!! I have enjoyed the exchanges b/w you, Ichabod76 and Chissy. Don't feed the troll tho' Podlet - there is no winning against "I know everything about the police" Chissy1 - the only remarkable thing about today is that he hasn't been personally abusive to Pete the Brickie!!
[quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."[/p][/quote]"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".[/p][/quote]A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State[d] a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional.[/p][/quote]LOL!! I have enjoyed the exchanges b/w you, Ichabod76 and Chissy. Don't feed the troll tho' Podlet - there is no winning against "I know everything about the police" Chissy1 - the only remarkable thing about today is that he hasn't been personally abusive to Pete the Brickie!! AngryandFrustrated

5:05pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Pete the Brickie says...

Pete the Brickie wrote:
muckybutt wrote:
Pete the Brickie wrote:
Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m.

A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit.

Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.
I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon.

Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say.
Sorry I should also have said, have it checked by a gun shop or better still buy the gadget to do it with from one, if it proves over the limit have it altered by someone you trust or destroy it. Do not under any circumstances ask anyone with any connection to the police to do it, they are completely unable to differentiate between a resposible air gunner and a hoodie with an Ingram and you will be charged and possibly jailed for "possesion of an unregistered firearm".
[quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muckybutt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m. A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit. Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.[/p][/quote]I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon. Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say.[/p][/quote]Sorry I should also have said, have it checked by a gun shop or better still buy the gadget to do it with from one, if it proves over the limit have it altered by someone you trust or destroy it. Do not under any circumstances ask anyone with any connection to the police to do it, they are completely unable to differentiate between a resposible air gunner and a hoodie with an Ingram and you will be charged and possibly jailed for "possesion of an unregistered firearm". Pete the Brickie

5:16pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

AngryandFrustrated wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
Ichabod76 wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote:
Podlet wrote:
CHISSY1 wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".
The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?
"That information is fact".
How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??
My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."
"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".
A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional.
LOL!! I have enjoyed the exchanges b/w you, Ichabod76 and Chissy. Don't feed the troll tho' Podlet - there is no winning against "I know everything about the police" Chissy1 - the only remarkable thing about today is that he hasn't been personally abusive to Pete the Brickie!!
"You would all be surprised who and what i know.And again i would like to point out again you have all made nasty comments.Totally unnecessary,but at least i give you all a reason to get out of bed and and engage in some robust and quiet pointless discussions".
[quote][p][bold]AngryandFrustrated[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ichabod76[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Podlet[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CHISSY1[/bold] wrote: "The Police are doing everything possible to find those responsible".[/p][/quote]The police, according to you, are doing everything possible. It isn't mentioned in the report. Another little fiction of yours, perhaps?[/p][/quote]"That information is fact".[/p][/quote]How do you know ? Are you a police officer ??[/p][/quote]My dear Ichabod76 - clearly CHISSY1 is not a police officer. A police officer would be out "doing everything they can."[/p][/quote]"I make a valid comment on a something and state a fact and all i get is nasty digs from people,and you call me nasty,clearly hypocritical".[/p][/quote]A "comment", indeed. "Valid" - quite possibly. "State[d] a fact" - perhaps not. You have made a statement without any supporting evidence or reference to source. How do I know that your allegation is a fact? I may as well state as a fact that it was the little purple pixies at the end of his garden that were shooting at him. Unless I can provide backup to that statement, people may well believe I am delusional.[/p][/quote]LOL!! I have enjoyed the exchanges b/w you, Ichabod76 and Chissy. Don't feed the troll tho' Podlet - there is no winning against "I know everything about the police" Chissy1 - the only remarkable thing about today is that he hasn't been personally abusive to Pete the Brickie!![/p][/quote]"You would all be surprised who and what i know.And again i would like to point out again you have all made nasty comments.Totally unnecessary,but at least i give you all a reason to get out of bed and and engage in some robust and quiet pointless discussions". CHISSY1

6:10pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Sillybillies says...

I believe Chissy1's claim to know about the police is through a relative who's a "special" or a PCSO, which means he knows sweet FA.
I believe Chissy1's claim to know about the police is through a relative who's a "special" or a PCSO, which means he knows sweet FA. Sillybillies

7:38pm Thu 13 Dec 12

CHISSY1 says...

Sillybillies wrote:
I believe Chissy1's claim to know about the police is through a relative who's a "special" or a PCSO, which means he knows sweet FA.
"Wrong,next please".
[quote][p][bold]Sillybillies[/bold] wrote: I believe Chissy1's claim to know about the police is through a relative who's a "special" or a PCSO, which means he knows sweet FA.[/p][/quote]"Wrong,next please". CHISSY1

7:51pm Thu 13 Dec 12

Trustmeiknoweverything&every1 says...

Be some ti* hanging out his bedroom window. Getting a proper buzz outta Frighting weird looking character's in society or perhaps a little alterfacation ended in the result of somebody taking revenge? who nose? does anybody care..
Be some ti* hanging out his bedroom window. Getting a proper buzz outta Frighting weird looking character's in society or perhaps a little alterfacation ended in the result of somebody taking revenge? who nose? does anybody care.. Trustmeiknoweverything&every1

9:43pm Thu 13 Dec 12

muckybutt says...

Pete the Brickie wrote:
Pete the Brickie wrote:
muckybutt wrote:
Pete the Brickie wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.
You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m. A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit. Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.
I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon. Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say.
Sorry I should also have said, have it checked by a gun shop or better still buy the gadget to do it with from one, if it proves over the limit have it altered by someone you trust or destroy it. Do not under any circumstances ask anyone with any connection to the police to do it, they are completely unable to differentiate between a resposible air gunner and a hoodie with an Ingram and you will be charged and possibly jailed for "possesion of an unregistered firearm".
Tested and serviced by a trusted gunsmith in Leeds tested at 11.4ftlb :) so no need for fac.

It had been detuned before I bought it as it was then firing at 30ftlb !!!

300m and it wouldnt touch it no.
[quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muckybutt[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pete the Brickie[/bold] wrote: Just reading this again from last week, these may not be air rifle pellets, the description of one "going through the plastic frame" and others "shattering" upvc glazing would put a .22 bullet fired from a far greater distance in the frame for me. Ask the police to check with local the landowner opposite Bondgate to see if anyone has permission to use such a weapon for vermin shooting in the vicinity. These shooters have regular "hides" or firing points and it would not be impossible for these to be stray shots fired from a prone position at a slightly higher target.[/p][/quote]You would probably be surprised just how powerful air rifles can be, I am a responsible air gunner, the air weapon I have can easily shoot through a 1 inch piece of wood at 35m. A .22 which mine is would easily be able to penetrate a upvc frame and double glazed unit. Having said all that a stray shot would have a lot less velocity if its richoched off a target and wouldnt have the power to penetrait much, so it would look to me that this property is being targeted directly or the shooter is aiming at vermin etc not taking into consideration what the trajectory of the pellet is.[/p][/quote]I'd have that weapon checked muckybutt, at 35m there is no way an air weapon not on a FAC (Below 12ftlbs) should penerate like that, especially a .22, .177 actually penetrates deeper as they are a smaller faster moving projectile when fired from a non FAC weapon. Where I was coming from is 35m is pretty close and to fire from that distance at the house would put you in full view of it looking at the location and a 300m high trajectory .22 pellet would be lucky to harm double glazing as you say.[/p][/quote]Sorry I should also have said, have it checked by a gun shop or better still buy the gadget to do it with from one, if it proves over the limit have it altered by someone you trust or destroy it. Do not under any circumstances ask anyone with any connection to the police to do it, they are completely unable to differentiate between a resposible air gunner and a hoodie with an Ingram and you will be charged and possibly jailed for "possesion of an unregistered firearm".[/p][/quote]Tested and serviced by a trusted gunsmith in Leeds tested at 11.4ftlb :) so no need for fac. It had been detuned before I bought it as it was then firing at 30ftlb !!! 300m and it wouldnt touch it no. muckybutt

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree