THE line up of local acts due to play at Bishopthorpe Road's Tour de Yorkshire street party has been announced.
More than 20 acts will play on three stages at the E by Eck party on Saturday, May 2.
Among the acts due to play on the Bishy Road Car Park stage, the Ebor Street stage and the Swan Inn stage on the Green are Mall Rats, Randell Monroe and Boxcar Riders.
Johnny Hayes, chair of the Bishy Road Street Traders Association which is organising the street party, said: “We have been overwhelmed with the number of singers and bands who want to play at out street party. So overwhelmed that we are having three stages instead of our usual one.
“With everything from jazz to swing, from Beatles covers to modern classics covers, from emerging young talent to established local legends we really are showcasing the range of musical talent in our area.
“The Bishy Road Traders Associations are pleased to give something back to our community by organising a street party for our community during the day and evening. There will be something for everyone and everyone is very welcome on Bishy Road to watch the race and party."
The street has been dressed with bunting, Yorkshire flags and painted bikes to welcome the cyclists who will take part in the inaugural Tour de Yorkshire.
During the day, activity will focus on the Bishopthorpe Road car park and the green opposite the Swan pub with Yorkshire themed stalls, over 20 bands, buskers, entertainers, street food and children's entertainment.
Once the Tour de Yorkshire has passed through the Bishopthorpe Road area for the last time during the race at approximately 4.30pm, the street party will move onto Bishopthorpe Road itself and continue in to the evening.
Full list of the acts performing...
Bishy Road Car Park stage:
- Gypsy Jazz Collective (1045 to 1200)
- Ron Burnett’s Mardi Gras Jazz Band (1215 to 1315)
- Beatlesque (1325 to 1425)
- Karno’s Circus (1445 to 1545)
- Lions for a Day (1605 to 1705)
- Boxcar Riders (1720 to 1820)
- Continental Drift (1835 to 1935)
- The Filthy Piece (1950 to end of event)
The Ebor Street stage:
- Conor (1115 to 1145)
- Ruby Joy followed by 5 Piece Band (1200 to 1245)
- Maggie followed by Songbox (1300 to 1330)
- Voice of the Drum (1345 to 1415)
- Smith & Wallace (1430 to 1500)
- Ukelele Orch (1515 to 1545)
- Esther & Andrew (1600 to 1630)
- Mall Rats (1645 to 1715)
- Mullholland (1730 to 1800
- Chechelele (1815 to 1845)
- Randell Monroe (1900 to 1930)
- Brunswick DJ (1945 until end of event)
The Swan Inn Stage on the Green:
- Kenny’s Trombone (1100 to 1150)
- Maggie (1200 to 1230)
- 5 Piece Band (1245 to 1315)
- Ruby Joy (1330 to 1400)
- Esther Andrew (1415 to 1445)
- Conor (1500 to 1530)
- Ukelele Orch (1630 to 1700)
- Smith & Wallace (1715 to 1745)
- Randell Monroe (1800 to 1830)
- Mall Rats (1845 to 1915)
- Mullholland (1930 until end of event)