VIDEO: Vandals caught red-handed in York city-centre

VIDEO: Vandals caught red-handed in York city-centre

A still from the CCTV.

A still from the CCTV.

A still from the CCTV.

First published in News
Last updated

VANDALS ran along a York street throwing bins and rubbish into the road - but were caught red-handed by police.

CCTV footage of the group's short-lived spree has today been released.

Three men are caught on the film deliberately knocking over wheelie bins in Gillygate and throwing rubbish into the road. But while they are still committing the offence, police arrive and make them pick up the rubbish and bins again.

No further legal action is being taken over the incident, which happened at about 2.30am on Tuesday, January 7. 

City of York Council released the footage, in conjunction with North Yorkshire Police, in the hope of deterring other potential offenders.

Coun Linsay Cunningham-Cross, council cabinet member for crime and stronger communities, said: “This was a wasteful antic which thankfully was spotted quickly by our CCTV operatives and dealt within a matter of minutes by North Yorkshire Police.

"The council provides an essential service for residents, visitors, businesses and emergency services that helps to keep our city safe. Working with the police this case demonstrates that our state-of-the-art technology has helped to keep residents safe and protected our communities from crime.”

Superintendent Phil Cain, York Safer Neighbourhood Commander, said: “This particular incident was quickly spotted by CCTV operators allowing police officers to be on the scene within minutes to deal with the situation before it could cause too much concern or upset to the general public.

"I commend the officers involved for dealing with the incident in a sensible and proportionate manner and hopefully the lads in question will learn some lessons from this and improve their conduct in the future.”

He said the incident highlighted the "fantastic partnership working" between the police and council.

The council said the incident demonstrated the capabilities of the York Travel and Control Centre and their work with police.

Each month on average, the centre monitors over 1,000 hours of live CCTV footage, records over 550 incidents and provides police with 40 pieces of evidence.

The council says its centre is one of the most advanced council CCTV control centres in the country.

 

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:17pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Garrowby Turnoff says...

Silly drunken wazzocks! Well done the Police!
Silly drunken wazzocks! Well done the Police! Garrowby Turnoff
  • Score: 41

5:17pm Wed 15 Jan 14

notmyrealname says...

so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ??
so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ?? notmyrealname
  • Score: 61

5:23pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Sillybillies says...

I commend the officers involved for dealing with the incident in a sensible and proportionate manner and hopefully the lads in question will learn some lessons from this and improve their conduct in the future.”

For catching them fair enough, but for letting them off they should be sacked. No wonder they have almost totally lost control of the streets of North Yorkshire and we are no longer safe..
[quote] I commend the officers involved for dealing with the incident in a sensible and proportionate manner and hopefully the lads in question will learn some lessons from this and improve their conduct in the future.”[/quote] For catching them fair enough, but for letting them off they should be sacked. No wonder they have almost totally lost control of the streets of North Yorkshire and we are no longer safe.. Sillybillies
  • Score: -17

5:28pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Jonlogical says...

Nice one lads, next night out, no voluntary work.
Nice one lads, next night out, no voluntary work. Jonlogical
  • Score: 7

5:43pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Oyy you says...

Well at least they wasn't getting into mischief......
Well at least they wasn't getting into mischief...... Oyy you
  • Score: -25

5:48pm Wed 15 Jan 14

GooseTrackLane says...

Sillybillies wrote:
I commend the officers involved for dealing with the incident in a sensible and proportionate manner and hopefully the lads in question will learn some lessons from this and improve their conduct in the future.”

For catching them fair enough, but for letting them off they should be sacked. No wonder they have almost totally lost control of the streets of North Yorkshire and we are no longer safe..
What a load of tosh. Arresting them and booking them in would have taken those officers out of action for hours and the best the could have expected was a fixed penalty...and someone else would have had to clean up.

Well done Police...a job well done.
[quote][p][bold]Sillybillies[/bold] wrote: [quote] I commend the officers involved for dealing with the incident in a sensible and proportionate manner and hopefully the lads in question will learn some lessons from this and improve their conduct in the future.”[/quote] For catching them fair enough, but for letting them off they should be sacked. No wonder they have almost totally lost control of the streets of North Yorkshire and we are no longer safe..[/p][/quote]What a load of tosh. Arresting them and booking them in would have taken those officers out of action for hours and the best the could have expected was a fixed penalty...and someone else would have had to clean up. Well done Police...a job well done. GooseTrackLane
  • Score: 48

6:09pm Wed 15 Jan 14

ouseswimmer says...

notmyrealname wrote:
so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ??
Why hit them with a big stick? A criminal record would mean they spend the rest of their lives in low paid jobs. I find a good talking to and no doubt a record of their names with the threat of a criminal record should they do this again will be far more effective. They can contribute to society in higher paid jobs paying higher taxes.
[quote][p][bold]notmyrealname[/bold] wrote: so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ??[/p][/quote]Why hit them with a big stick? A criminal record would mean they spend the rest of their lives in low paid jobs. I find a good talking to and no doubt a record of their names with the threat of a criminal record should they do this again will be far more effective. They can contribute to society in higher paid jobs paying higher taxes. ouseswimmer
  • Score: 28

6:33pm Wed 15 Jan 14

nearlyman says...

Brilliant.....Far more humiliating than any court appearance ! Old fashioned policing at its very best !!
Brilliant.....Far more humiliating than any court appearance ! Old fashioned policing at its very best !! nearlyman
  • Score: 56

6:48pm Wed 15 Jan 14

big boy york says...

so it happened in gillygate, whats the odds they where from st johns, & this council wants more of them to come here.
so it happened in gillygate, whats the odds they where from st johns, & this council wants more of them to come here. big boy york
  • Score: 7

7:05pm Wed 15 Jan 14

oi oi savaloy says...

no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!! oi oi savaloy
  • Score: -48

7:09pm Wed 15 Jan 14

johnson93 says...

weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere.
weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere. johnson93
  • Score: -6

7:58pm Wed 15 Jan 14

notmyrealname says...

johnson93 wrote:
weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere.
exactly right - no discrimination whatever the crime.
and.. if the cost of time involved in admin outweighs the crime then why arrest anyone at all.
[quote][p][bold]johnson93[/bold] wrote: weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere.[/p][/quote]exactly right - no discrimination whatever the crime. and.. if the cost of time involved in admin outweighs the crime then why arrest anyone at all. notmyrealname
  • Score: 12

8:27pm Wed 15 Jan 14

Silver says...

oi oi savaloy wrote:
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
How do you know these were students?
Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.
[quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!![/p][/quote]How do you know these were students? Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article. Silver
  • Score: 17

9:30pm Wed 15 Jan 14

tizme says...

Great to see them being made to tidy up. What about a fixed penalty and have them clean the streets with council workers to see what a lousy job cleaning up other peoples mess can be. I agree about not taking them to court 'cos it would not be cost effective but punish and humiliate them? Yes!
Great to see them being made to tidy up. What about a fixed penalty and have them clean the streets with council workers to see what a lousy job cleaning up other peoples mess can be. I agree about not taking them to court 'cos it would not be cost effective but punish and humiliate them? Yes! tizme
  • Score: 28

11:04pm Wed 15 Jan 14

ColdAsChristmas says...

NAME AND SHAME !
NAME AND SHAME ! ColdAsChristmas
  • Score: 19

12:27am Thu 16 Jan 14

oi oi savaloy says...

Silver wrote:
oi oi savaloy wrote:
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
How do you know these were students?
Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.
oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers!

2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night
normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours!

the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are..

get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars
[quote][p][bold]Silver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!![/p][/quote]How do you know these were students? Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.[/p][/quote]oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers! 2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours! the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are.. get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars oi oi savaloy
  • Score: -44

1:42am Thu 16 Jan 14

York1900 says...

The punishment fitted the crime the cost to City of York council tax payer was minimal
they had to handle rubbish with there bear hands to put it back in the bins

as far as putting them in the cells for the night would of cost a lot more and if it went to court would of cost even more and if they have not been stopped by the police before they would not get much of a find or punishment

So I say that the police did the right thing cheap and effective result for the police and city of York
The punishment fitted the crime the cost to City of York council tax payer was minimal they had to handle rubbish with there bear hands to put it back in the bins as far as putting them in the cells for the night would of cost a lot more and if it went to court would of cost even more and if they have not been stopped by the police before they would not get much of a find or punishment So I say that the police did the right thing cheap and effective result for the police and city of York York1900
  • Score: 14

1:54am Thu 16 Jan 14

Magicman! says...

I take this as a good news story... some morons behaved in a stupid manner, and the police made them pick up what they had made a mess of (a bit like a parent would do to a child). The story highlights that the CCTV cameras DO actually work, the police do a decent job and respond proportionally to a situation, order was restored, and that there was not any money wasted or police hours in excess paperwork do to processing the offenders through the judicary system.

Nice one!
I take this as a good news story... some morons behaved in a stupid manner, and the police made them pick up what they had made a mess of (a bit like a parent would do to a child). The story highlights that the CCTV cameras DO actually work, the police do a decent job and respond proportionally to a situation, order was restored, and that there was not any money wasted or police hours in excess paperwork do to processing the offenders through the judicary system. Nice one! Magicman!
  • Score: 27

6:17am Thu 16 Jan 14

Non-corporate entity says...

notmyrealname wrote:
so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ??
The fact that the Policed asked them to pick up the rubbish and the fact that the lads obliged does warrant the Police to take no further action. After all they have discretion. I think what the Police did was right and they learned their lesson.
[quote][p][bold]notmyrealname[/bold] wrote: so these morons whoever they may be take up the time of several police officers and a van etc but get away without charge - surely they will just do it again next time they get a bit tipsy - maybe a criminal record and at least a bit of community service would be warranted ??[/p][/quote]The fact that the Policed asked them to pick up the rubbish and the fact that the lads obliged does warrant the Police to take no further action. After all they have discretion. I think what the Police did was right and they learned their lesson. Non-corporate entity
  • Score: 15

8:47am Thu 16 Jan 14

hikerman says...

Why they let them off was because they was students from st johns if they was your everyday working lad or man they would have being locked up then court for drunken behavior and vandalism.
Why they let them off was because they was students from st johns if they was your everyday working lad or man they would have being locked up then court for drunken behavior and vandalism. hikerman
  • Score: -7

9:19am Thu 16 Jan 14

BKKYorkshireboy says...

johnson93 wrote:
weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere.
"whether".. just saying
[quote][p][bold]johnson93[/bold] wrote: weather they should of been arrested or not, I can guarantee they would of been arrested had they not been dressed smart and been students. The police in York arrest homeless people for sitting there with a hat in front of them but not for running down a road smashing bins over, waking people up and throwing rubbish everywhere.[/p][/quote]"whether".. just saying BKKYorkshireboy
  • Score: 2

9:53am Thu 16 Jan 14

Fat Harry says...

I don't see that it matters what their occupations are, but if someone has evidence they've been treated preferentially for any reason they should come forward with it.

Unless and until such hard evidence is produced, I'll tend to the opinion that the police handled this well.
I don't see that it matters what their occupations are, but if someone has evidence they've been treated preferentially for any reason they should come forward with it. Unless and until such hard evidence is produced, I'll tend to the opinion that the police handled this well. Fat Harry
  • Score: 14

10:29am Thu 16 Jan 14

dsom73 says...

This is the kind of policing that we should have more of - In this instance, no damage was done just a mess made so no need to drag anyone into a cell and take upo the court's time.

Our society needs Less banging idiots up, Less dragging idiots through the courts for minor misdemeanors, Less reliance on the CPS to make decisions.

And it needs More clips round the lughole, More slung in a van and taken to see your Mum, More of being made to clear up your idiocy right there and then.
This is the kind of policing that we should have more of - In this instance, no damage was done just a mess made so no need to drag anyone into a cell and take upo the court's time. Our society needs Less banging idiots up, Less dragging idiots through the courts for minor misdemeanors, Less reliance on the CPS to make decisions. And it needs More clips round the lughole, More slung in a van and taken to see your Mum, More of being made to clear up your idiocy right there and then. dsom73
  • Score: 18

10:47am Thu 16 Jan 14

Ignatius Lumpopo says...

So, did they clean it all up?
So, did they clean it all up? Ignatius Lumpopo
  • Score: 4

11:09am Thu 16 Jan 14

bolero says...

A nice bit of policing at little cost with virtually no paper work. A lesson learned for being silly little p**** whoever they were.
A nice bit of policing at little cost with virtually no paper work. A lesson learned for being silly little p**** whoever they were. bolero
  • Score: 11

11:14am Thu 16 Jan 14

electricwarrior says...

Brilliant! Well done to the police for showing some common sense. I disagree with one thing though, why give him gloves to pick up the rubbish, should have made him do it with his bare hands.
Brilliant! Well done to the police for showing some common sense. I disagree with one thing though, why give him gloves to pick up the rubbish, should have made him do it with his bare hands. electricwarrior
  • Score: 13

11:27am Thu 16 Jan 14

Archiebold the 1st says...

No action! i got a d&d for accidently dropping a pepsi in leeds station...
No action! i got a d&d for accidently dropping a pepsi in leeds station... Archiebold the 1st
  • Score: 3

11:58am Thu 16 Jan 14

Sillybillies says...

Archiebold the 1st wrote:
No action! i got a d&d for accidently dropping a pepsi in leeds station...
They may still have a real police force there.
[quote][p][bold]Archiebold the 1st[/bold] wrote: No action! i got a d&d for accidently dropping a pepsi in leeds station...[/p][/quote]They may still have a real police force there. Sillybillies
  • Score: -9

12:00pm Thu 16 Jan 14

Sillybillies says...

oi oi savaloy wrote:
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
Correct, but that takes a bit of real police work.
[quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!![/p][/quote]Correct, but that takes a bit of real police work. Sillybillies
  • Score: -12

12:29pm Thu 16 Jan 14

oscarz says...

I was awoken by these imature little boys who thought it was so hillarious to go out of their way to try and smash up and damage all they could. So imagine my delight when the local boys in Blue turned up. I could hear a little of what was been said and one of the ferals was saying "Don't you remember me?" to one of the Officers "I used to have blond curly Hair" as if they had just met on a sunny day and not after just doing what they had done.
What would have happened if instead of the bins that took a battering it was an innocent passer by? would these idiots have attacked then? probably. These people should have been arrested and taken down to Fulford nick...I for one don't think making to clean up their mess will have taught them anything.
I was awoken by these imature little boys who thought it was so hillarious to go out of their way to try and smash up and damage all they could. So imagine my delight when the local boys in Blue turned up. I could hear a little of what was been said and one of the ferals was saying "Don't you remember me?" to one of the Officers "I used to have blond curly Hair" as if they had just met on a sunny day and not after just doing what they had done. What would have happened if instead of the bins that took a battering it was an innocent passer by? would these idiots have attacked then? probably. These people should have been arrested and taken down to Fulford nick...I for one don't think making to clean up their mess will have taught them anything. oscarz
  • Score: -4

12:43pm Thu 16 Jan 14

Fat Harry says...

As far as I can see they didn't "smash" or "damage" anything; they got p!ssed and threw some bin bags about.

Then the police made a proportionate response.

That said, I'm not sure whether the culprits will be mortified this morning, or sharing the link with all their pals on Facebook...
As far as I can see they didn't "smash" or "damage" anything; they got p!ssed and threw some bin bags about. Then the police made a proportionate response. That said, I'm not sure whether the culprits will be mortified this morning, or sharing the link with all their pals on Facebook... Fat Harry
  • Score: 9

12:50pm Thu 16 Jan 14

CaroleBaines says...

No further action but people are fined for driving over Lendal Bridge, or taking their kids out of school for a week, or returning a VAT form late. Strange world indeed.
No further action but people are fined for driving over Lendal Bridge, or taking their kids out of school for a week, or returning a VAT form late. Strange world indeed. CaroleBaines
  • Score: 1

12:50pm Thu 16 Jan 14

Fat Harry says...

As for "probably" attacking any innocent passer-by, you can't possibly know that.

I live only a few yards from Gillygate, and frequently get woken by drunks rolling home in the early hours, but have rarely heard of their annoying behaviour spilling over into unprovoked physical violence and attacks.
As for "probably" attacking any innocent passer-by, you can't possibly know that. I live only a few yards from Gillygate, and frequently get woken by drunks rolling home in the early hours, but have rarely heard of their annoying behaviour spilling over into unprovoked physical violence and attacks. Fat Harry
  • Score: 3

1:45pm Thu 16 Jan 14

Ousetunes says...

CaroleBaines wrote:
No further action but people are fined for driving over Lendal Bridge, or taking their kids out of school for a week, or returning a VAT form late. Strange world indeed.
Almost right.

What I can see happening is, these three plebs get let off and the residents of Gillygate get sent a fine for putting their wheelie bins out too early......,
[quote][p][bold]CaroleBaines[/bold] wrote: No further action but people are fined for driving over Lendal Bridge, or taking their kids out of school for a week, or returning a VAT form late. Strange world indeed.[/p][/quote]Almost right. What I can see happening is, these three plebs get let off and the residents of Gillygate get sent a fine for putting their wheelie bins out too early......, Ousetunes
  • Score: 5

8:42pm Thu 16 Jan 14

Silver says...

oi oi savaloy wrote:
Silver wrote:
oi oi savaloy wrote:
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
How do you know these were students?
Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.
oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers!

2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night
normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours!

the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are..

get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars
They could just be young guys who went out to pull students. I never called you a fool so the fact you called me one means you subconsciously know you "could" be wrong. You may indeed be right but you like me do not fully know yourself.
[quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Silver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!![/p][/quote]How do you know these were students? Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.[/p][/quote]oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers! 2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours! the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are.. get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars[/p][/quote]They could just be young guys who went out to pull students. I never called you a fool so the fact you called me one means you subconsciously know you "could" be wrong. You may indeed be right but you like me do not fully know yourself. Silver
  • Score: 2

12:59pm Fri 17 Jan 14

mjgyork says...

How come that same camera does not catch the motorists (and cyclists) who seem to think that a red traffic light means "Stop if you can be bothered..."
How come that same camera does not catch the motorists (and cyclists) who seem to think that a red traffic light means "Stop if you can be bothered..." mjgyork
  • Score: 2

10:52pm Sat 18 Jan 14

oi oi savaloy says...

Silver wrote:
oi oi savaloy wrote:
Silver wrote:
oi oi savaloy wrote:
no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we???

this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!!
How do you know these were students?
Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.
oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers!

2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night
normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours!

the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are..

get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars
They could just be young guys who went out to pull students. I never called you a fool so the fact you called me one means you subconsciously know you "could" be wrong. You may indeed be right but you like me do not fully know yourself.
what i do know is that the police need to be looking at the Facebook account of 1 of them as he as been apparently bragging about it according to a girl who knows him!
[quote][p][bold]Silver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Silver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]oi oi savaloy[/bold] wrote: no further action taken due to them being drunken students and we don't want to upset them now do we??? this is a dig race, they should have been slammed up for the night and given a whopping big fine for criminal damage and a disturbance of the peace!!![/p][/quote]How do you know these were students? Young men does not necessarily make them students, drunken morons yes but no evidence of them being students from the news article.[/p][/quote]oh you blinkered fool, unfortunately i can not answer your question due to legal reasons... but like i say you are a blinkered fool, take em off do a few sherlock style deductions and you will come up with the answers! 2;30 on a tuesday morning.?.. most bars do student nights i.e. £1 a pint/shot previous night normal people have to get up 7 am ish to go to work.. just done what they are on and you aint getting up within 5 hours! the evidence from the news doesn't make em students due to them not being able to report who they are.. get over yourself.. they need hitting with big sticks! student problems will AND are gonna get a lot worse in york... they also think its funny to tip cars[/p][/quote]They could just be young guys who went out to pull students. I never called you a fool so the fact you called me one means you subconsciously know you "could" be wrong. You may indeed be right but you like me do not fully know yourself.[/p][/quote]what i do know is that the police need to be looking at the Facebook account of 1 of them as he as been apparently bragging about it according to a girl who knows him! oi oi savaloy
  • Score: 1

4:05pm Sun 19 Jan 14

michaeljohnrogan says...

Good that they were caught red handed,but a pity that they were not given a toothbrush to sweep the street as well,then humiliate them by nameing,and shameing,these yobs llike to do vandalise for a laugh,so lets have one.
Good that they were caught red handed,but a pity that they were not given a toothbrush to sweep the street as well,then humiliate them by nameing,and shameing,these yobs llike to do vandalise for a laugh,so lets have one. michaeljohnrogan
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree