Betfred Championship: York City Knights 24 Dewsbury Rams 21

Knights: Marsh 9, Oakes 9, Salter 8, C Scott 8, Whiteley 7, Harris 8, Robinson 7, Teanby 7, Carter 8, Horne 7, Hey 7, S Scott 6, Spears 8. Subs (all used): Brining 8, Dixon 7, Blagbrough 6, Stock 9.

Tries: Brining 32; C Scott 35; Harris 44; Marsh 79.

Conversions: Robinson 32, 35 (2/2); Harris 44 (1/1). (Oakes (0/1.)

Penalty: Robinson 40 (1/1).

Sent off: Dixon 47.

Sin-binned: Spears 14; S Scott 19.

Dewsbury: Martin, Worrincy, O Trout, Ryder, Gabriel, Sykes, Finn, Igbinedion, Ward, Garratt, Waite-Pullan, Knowles, K Trout. Subs (all used): King, Flynn, Morris, Reilly.

Tries: Finn 4; Worrincy 12, 64; O Trout 20.

Conversion: Sykes 4 (1/3); Finn 64 (1/1).

Drop goal: Sykes 72.

Penalties: none.

Sent off: none.

Sin-binned: none.

Man of the match: Matty Marsh – the silky full-back is one of those players who can come up with something out of nothing, and here he capped another classy show with a stunning late match-winner to send the home crowd into raptures.

Referee: Matt Rossleigh (London) – the Aussie got obvious stick from home fans after sin-binning two York players in the first half and controversially sending off Ronan Dixon early in the second.

Penalty count: 8-5

Half-time: 14-14

Weather: mild.

Attendance: TBC.

Moment of the match: Will Oakes’ work to set up Liam Harris’ try was simply superb – surely one for the end-of-season highlights reel - but the obvious moment of the match was Matty Marsh’s late winner, brilliantly running onto Harris’ grubber as the clock ticked down.

Gaffe of the match: York’s tackling in the first quarter was worryingly awry, and, while Ronan Dixon’s red card look distinctly harsh, the fouls for the first-half yellows invited difficulty. The Knights didn’t really see out the game particularly well at times after coming back to lead 20-14 – but they did come up trumps in a thrilling finale.

Gamebreaker: It looked sure to be Paul Sykes’ drop goal which put Dewsbury ahead with eight minutes left. But, no, the decisive moment was to come – Matty Marsh’ winning try with 100 seconds left on the clock.

Match rating: this bonkers game had pretty much everything, from yellow and red cards, to controversy, to comebacks and to a stunning late winner for the 12 men of York.