YORK City Supporters Trust chairman John Lacy has urged members to arrive early for tonight's annual general meeting.

The leading item on the agenda will be a debate on whether the Trust should hand over its 25 per cent minority shareholding in the football club to JM Packaging - the Malton-based business of chairman Jason McGill who have owned the other 75 per cent since 2006.

Lacy is hoping to attract as broad a representation of the Minstermen's fan base as possible at the meeting, which will be held at Burton Stone Lane Working Men's Club, opposite Bootham Crescent's main gates.

The evening starts at 7.30pm but, with space limited and demand for admission expected to be high, queues will be long if people do not allow sufficient time for membership cards or ID to be checked at the entrance doors.

Lacy added: "There will be a big crowd, so please make sure you arrive early to get a good seat and also to relieve congestion on the door. Be prepared for queues."