A FOUR-TRY haul by second-rower and man-of-the-match Fergus Chapman was the highlight as Heworth ARLC mauled strugglers Hensingham 58-10.

The Villagers - who are up to seventh in National Conference League division three - posted four first-half tries at Elmpark Way to lead 18-10 at the break before racking up seven more unanswered touchdowns in a devastating second period.

A minute's silence was held before kick off in memory of former player Terry Binnington.

Heworth went in front after only five minutes through veteran second-rower Liam Watling, who went over for an unconverted try from stand-off James Morland's kick, before Chapman crossed to make it 8-0.

On 27 minutes, Hensingham responded with a touchdown by centre Callum Tunstall and, three minutes later, went ahead with substitute James Motum's try, goaled by winger Callum Sirkett.

Shortly after, Chapman burst through the visitors' defence on the halfway line and found supporting full-back Fraser West, who raced away to score close to the posts. Centre Adam Dent added the extras.

Just before the break, West made it a brace, crashing over in the left corner after some slick handling.

It took just a minute of the second half for Heworth to go further ahead, with Josh Poulter scooting over direct from acting half, and Dent's conversion going in off the post.

On 50 minutes, scrum-half Liam Jackson snapped up a stray pass on the halfway line and sped away to touch down for another Dent-goaled effort to make it 30-10.

The Villagers were now firmly on the front foot and, three minutes later, after good work by centre Joe Deighton and Cambridge, Chapman crossed for his second try, improved by Dent, followed by his hat-trick score on the hour mark.

The final quarter produced three more touchdowns scored by substitute Rob Bonehill, Chapman, with his fourth, and Jackson.

Dent completed six conversions, with Cambridge nonchalantly stroking over the final goal to round off the scoring.

New Earswick All Blacks returned to winning ways in the Yorkshire Men's League premier division with a 20-12 win at Siddal Academy.

Jack Stearman's side sit third in the table having won three of their opening four fixtures - with their sole defeat coming against East Hull the previous Saturday in their only home game of term.

All Blacks had 12 players missing due to work and injuries on a drizzly day in West Yorkshire, but some fantastic individual defending by Will Holmes and smart hooker play by Danny Byworth helped the All Blacks to victory. Prop Stearman was the visitors' man of the match, with Liam Gargan and captain Sean Malarkey among the stand-out performers.

Both teams started strongly, with neither getting beyond the other's 40-metre line as they each waited for a mistake from the opposition.

But All Blacks took the lead after 25 minutes when player-coach Stearman neatly offloaded to Ewen Coverdale, who fell inches short of the line - Stearman on hand to jump in at dummy-half and bundle his way over. Tom Holmes converted.

Five minutes later, Holmes kicked a penalty to make it 8-0 at half-time.

At the start of the second half, a well-timed pass by half-back Gargan put Jordan Rice into a gap. The debutant was tackled a metre from the line by the Siddal full-back before hooker Danny Byworth put Stearman over for his sixth try in four games, improved again by Holmes.

All Blacks took further control of the contest when the Siddal full-back dropped Gargan's spiralling kick and Tom Holmes dived over from his own ground kick. He converted once again.

Zak Hardy was denied a debut try after being held up over line, before All Blacks, having defended three sets on their try line, were punished with a converted score.

They conceded again five minutes later from a swift right-to-left move, but All Blacks' game management saw them home.

Neither Heworth 'A', in NCL Alliance Group 2, nor York Acorn 'A' in YML division two, had games.