UNSTOPPABLE Tadcaster Albion blitzed Maltby Main as they continued their impressive start to the Northern Counties East League campaign.

Manager Paul Marshall’s men have lost only once in the premier division this season and they were 4-1 winners at Maltby on Saturday.

Robert Pell set them on their way with a second-minute opener and Carl Stewart doubled the visitors’ lead 14 minutes later.

It was 3-0 at the break courtesy of a goal by Terry Taylor and Pell continued the onslaught with his second three minutes into the second period.

Maltby’s consolation from Paul Lavender came in the 88th minute.

Ninth-placed Tadcaster, who have games in hand on all the sides above them, host Brighouse Town at Ings Lane tomorrow (7.45pm).

Selby Town are 11th after their 1-0 defeat by Hall Road Rangers, with Jamie Barnwell’s 27th-minute goal consigning the Robins to their first Flaxley Road defeat of the season.

Ryan Blott gave Scarborough Athletic a 14th-minute lead at Long Eaton, but the Seadogs went down 2-1 to two second half goals.

Pickering Town were not in action at the weekend, but they host leaders Farsley tomorrow (7.45pm).

Harrogate Town’s 3-2 defeat at Gloucester City in Blue Square Bet North was overshadowed by a serious leg break suffered by striker Liam Hardy.

The game was delayed for more than half an hour after the injury to Hardy, with Gloucester’s Matt Coupe red-carded for his tackle on the youngster.

Town’s Kyle Hadley scored four minutes into his debut, but the hosts hit back with three quick goals to lead 3-1 with 30 minutes on the clock.

Hadley bagged his second on 33 minutes, but Harrogate were unable to force an equaliser in the second half.

Harrogate Railway Athletic hit back from a goal down at half-time to beat Ossett Albion 2-1 in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy.

Joshua Moore put Albion ahead in the first minute of the second half at Station View, but Railway progressed with a 77th-minute strike by Jon Maloney and a 90th-minute winner by Steve Palfrey.