CLIFFE closed the gap on the leaders in division three of the York Minster Engineering Football League with a 6-1 win at Moor Lane.

Ben Rawson and Dave Evans scored a brace apiece for the Nestlé2 side, while Shane Cawkhill and sub Paul Fenton were also on the scoresheet.

Stillington and Barmby Moor registered the division’s first goalless draw of the season.

Bishop Wilton atoned for last week’s home defeat to Selby Olympia by winning the return fixture 4-0, with goals from Dave Fairclough (2), James Calvert and Tom Milner. Two goals from Tudor Carrington helped LNER Builders end a run of three winless games as they beat F1 Racing 6-1.

The other Builders’ goals came from Kevin Pipes (2), James Harris and Lee Gaskell.

Crayke, who had failed to score in any of their previous four away games, ended the run in style as they won 6-0 at Melbourne with goals from Chris Brown (2), Matt Thackeray, Ian Dawson, Lee Cattley and Tom Hilling.

In reserve ‘A’, a Richard Johnson hat-trick could not prevent Hamilton Panthers extending their poor run to an eighth game without a win.

Visitors Old Malton St Mary’s maintained their 100 per cent start with a 7-4 win over Panthers.

The Ryedale side’s goals were shared between Dean Nuttall (3), Jack Thackray (2), Jimmy Baxter and Scott Preston. Matt Hartas got the fourth Panthers goal.

An 87th-minute Dunnington leveller denied struggling Haxby United their first win of the season.

The home side had been leading by a Mick Watson goal.

Reserve ‘B’ leaders Thorpe United slipped to a surprise 3-0 defeat at bottom of the table Pocklington.

The hosts, without a win in nine matches, led at the break through Stuart Barker and Gary Marriott, and Marriott’s second of the afternoon confirmed a deserved win. York RI’s Lee Bartlett hit a hat-trick as his side beat Poppleton 4-0. Dave Clarke’s ninth goal of the campaign completed the scoring. Church Fenton White Horse are the new leaders of reserve ‘C’ after they won 3-2 at third-placed St Clement’s.

The visitors held a comfortable three-goal advantage through Andy Jollands, Ryan Burton and Andy Jones before the hosts hit two late goals from Chris Grimes and Ricky Mizzi. Malton & Nestlé0’s Simon Reeves failed to score for the first time this season, but his side still took maximum points with a 3-2 home win over Hemingbrough.

The visitors led at the break through Ricky Hutton and Michael Brown, but the Ryedale side levelled with goals from Matt Reeves and Ed Marwood, before Alan Cook hit the winner five minutes from time.

Two goals from Matty Bean and one from Matty Webster gave Amotherby a 3-0 home win over Cliffe.

Mark Lund scored his sixth goal of the season, but his Civil Service side lost 4-1 at home to Nestlé.

Alan Boyd scored the only goal of the game as Crayke beat Huby 1-0.

Charlie Foster hit a hat-trick for Stillington as they ended a run of five away defeats with a 7-2 win at Bishop Wilton.