GOALKEEPER Adam Thomas was the Dunnington hero as his penalty save dumped Tockwith out of the York FA Saturday Senior Cup.

The third round tie at Dunnington was decided on a penalty shoot-out when the sides were level at 5-5 after extra time.

The home side triumphed 5-4 on spot-kicks thanks to Thomas’ efforts.

Substitute Scott Sullivan scored twice for Dunnington to add to goals from Andrew Cox, Tom Richardson and Matthew Wain.

Tockwith’s scorers were Graham Hutchinson, who netted twice, Will Richmond, Jamie Purkins and Rob Wilson.

Huntington Rovers scored two late goals as they beat Nestlé Rowntree 4-1.

Craig Hodgson gave Huntington the lead on 70 minutes and then Rovers ’keeper Tom Hair saved a penalty, only for Paul Scaife to level.

Lee McQuaid restored Huntington’s lead and late goals from Tom Shirley and Pete Laidlaw sealed it.

Old Malton St Mary’s were in rampant form as they beat Hemingbrough 8-0.

Mark Swales scored twice in the first half and then completed his hat-trick before further goals from Rob Pinder (2), Simon Cooke, Neil Wilford and Ryan Cooper.

Holders Kartiers were 4-0 winners over York RI despite being reduced to ten men when Garry Lumley was sent off before half-time.

The goalscorers were Louis Blackwell, Matt Wood and James Tweedie (2).

A superb individual goal from Adam Beevers earned White Horse a 1-0 victory over Heslington in round three of the York FA Saturday Junior Cup.

White Horse ’keeper Leo Howard had earlier kept his side in the game with a string of top saves.

Terrington Glory turned on the style in the second half to beat Copmanthorpe Reserves 6-2.

Shortly after half-time the sides were locked at 2-2, with Tom Paly and Chris Leedham netting for Glory and Ben Sykes scoring both Cop goals.

The Ryedale side then upped their game as Shaun Wilford scored twice to add to a Ben Richardson goal and Daniel Bulmer’s penalty.

Jordan Hornby scored a hat-trick as St Clement’s beat Fulford 5-1, with Stewart Kehoe and brother Simon also on target.

Helperby United were dumped out 4-0 by Wheldrake, whose goalscorers were Alister Carroll and Robin Rushton, with two apiece.