OLD Malton St Mary's sealed the premier division title with three games to spare after winning 2-1 away to their last remaining challengers, Church Fenton.

The result moves Old Malton 13 points clear at the top of the York Minster Engineering League, which they have won in dominant fashion, dropping only 10 points this campaign.

It is St Mary's fourth title triumph in the last eight seasons, having also lifted the crown in 2012, 2014 and 2016. They have been runners-up three times in that period too, and have not finished outside the top three since 2007.

Daman Cox and Marcus Godsell scored for Saints on Saturday, with Chaz Wrigley netting for Church Fenton.

Last season's champions, Wigginton Grasshoppers, moved up to second place after beating Tadcaster Magnets 3-0.

Jordan Holt headed home the opener from a Harry Clapham free kick after eight minutes before Jack Thompson nodded the hosts into a two-goal lead at the break. A late strike from Sam Gough completed the scoring.

Goals from Liam Robertson and Cameron Mulhearn saw Dringhouses climb up to third spot after a hard-fought 2-1 success at Dunnington, for whom Tom Fleet hit a consolation.

Edward Wileman bagged a brace for Thorpe United as they continued their good form with a 3-2 win at Huntington Rovers. Kevin Simpson got the visitors' all-important third.

Alex Burton and Jon Paul Vass scored for Rovers, who were reduced to 10 men in the second period after Ash Hope was given a second yellow card.

Relegated Osbaldwick showed they have lost none of their fight by defeating Sporting Knavesmire 4-2 and leaving Knavesmire with just three points between themselves and the drop zone.

Lucas Wilson gave Osso a dream start, firing home in the first minute, with Jack Brimmell volleying a second in the final minute of the opening half. A second-half Harry Cartledge double was enough to seal the points for Osbaldwick.

Sam Bibby struck both of Knavesmire's goals.

Hemingbrough United earned a vital hard-fought point against F1 Racing and are now just three points behind Sporting Knavesmire and Tadcaster Magnets, with games in hand on both.

They led an unusually lacklustre F1 side 1-0 at the break but Chris Dempsey struck on the hour to level following good work by Dan Hickey.

F1 squandered several more good chances in the final third of the match, including a well-saved penalty, while Hemingbrough looked dangerous on the counter, but neither side could find the winner.

Pocklington Town require just two points from their remaining two games to secure the division one title following a 2-1 triumph over Bishopthorpe United. Goals from Kal Horne and Ben Potter put Town into a two-goal lead before Bish struck from a corner with 15 minutes remaining to set up a frantic finish.

Josh Ward put a huge dent in Tockwith's promotion hopes, scoring the only goal of the game to give Malton & Norton a deserved success that sees them climb to sixth in the table.

The two sides currently occupying the relegation places could not be separated after 90 minutes, with Riccall United and Heworth fighting out a 2-2 draw. Gary Collier and Jack Dinnewell were on target for the home side.