MATTHEW Tiplady’s 80th-minute equaliser prevented third-bottom Sporting Knavesmire from enjoying a York Minster Engineering League premier division survival boost.

The Wigginton Grasshoppers marksman secured a 2-2 draw after his team had earlier led through Tich Nyenda’s powerful header following a Neale Holmes corner.

Knavesmire's set-piece specialist Andrew Simpson went on to turn the tables after firing home a penalty and a free-kick early in the second half but, even though Grasshoppers were reduced to ten men following Holmes’ dismissal, they rallied to take a share of the spoils.

Church Fenton climbed up to third in the table after a Liam McEntee goal earned them a 1-0 success over Copmanthorpe.

The defeat leaves Cop three points clear of Knavesmire and four points ahead of the drop zone.

Cole Carter and Liam Robertson fired Dringhouses to a 2-1 success over Tadcaster Magnets, who replied with a second-half Philip Smith penalty.

Poppleton United and second-placed Huntington Rovers played out a goalless draw, which pushed champions-elect Old Malton St Mary’s, who were without a game, another step closer to the title.

In division one, Easingwold Town moved up to second following a 3-0 defeat of Strensall.

James Wiseman gave Town an early lead before Joe Crosby sealed the points with two goals late in the second half.

Tockwith's promotion charge continues to stutter after a 1-1 draw at Heworth, for whom Euan Surgenor scored.

The visitors now sit six points adrift of third-placed Rawcliffe, but they do have a game in hand.

Josh Leeming (2), Jonathan Jackson and Adam Chaplin fired Haxby Town to a 4-1 success over Bishopthorpe United, while Scott Thompson and Neil Maguire netted for Harrison Signs in a 2-2 draw with Cliffe.

The only game in division two saw Stamford Bridge move back to the top of the table following a 6-2 triumph over Bubwith White Swan.

Nathan Spreckley scored a penalty with recent signing Danny Gray bagging a hat-trick, while Olly Newby and Terry Taylor rounded off the scoring.

In division three, leaders Heslington suffered a huge setback, going down 3-0 at home to second-placed Selby Olympia.

The result opens the door for Wheldrake and Wombleton Wanderers to leapfrog both sides should they win their games in hand.

Tom Hilling (2) and Lee Johnson struck for Crayke at Helperby, but it wasn't enough as the home side emerged with a 5-3 win.

Ashley Mackenzie netted a consolation for Stillington Sports and Social Club, but his side were swept aside 6-1 by Fulford, with Kieran Costanzo, Tom Wordsworth and Josh Barrington bagging a brace apiece in the victory.

Thorpe United took a giant step towards winning the Reserve A crown with a 7-0 demolition of last year's defending champions Wigginton Grasshoppers.

The Selby side were on top from the outset and led 2-0 at the interval, but a rampant second half saw them hit five more without reply.

Danny Mustill led the scoring with a hat-trick.

An own goal, allied to strikes from Jon Page, Thomas Murden and Matthew Pearse, completed Thorpe's haul.

Dunnington, who started the day at the top of the league, now find themselves in second place after taking a 5-1 thumping at Old Malton St Mary's with James Walker grabbing the consolation.

They remain level on points with Thorpe, but the table-toppers have better goal difference and a game in hand.

Tom Knowles gave Pocklington Town a half-time lead over Huntington Rovers only to see his effort cancelled out by Lee Bunce in the second period.

It was Knowles that had the last laugh, though, scoring the winner with the last kick of the game to collect the points for Town.

Osbaldwick picked up a welcome three points and did it in some style, defeating Poppleton United 7-1.

Harry Middleton and Matty O'Connell bagged braces with Nick Lawrie, Tom Burdett and Jimmy Jacques also making the scoresheet.

Dringhouses continued their Reserve B title charge with a 6-1 success at Wilberfoss.

Reece Botterill (3), Cameron Hall (2) and Danny Penrose all netted for Houses.

Haxby Town put five past Tadcaster Magnets without reply to stay in the second promotion place.

Reece Maynard scored for Copmanthorpe in their game with Malton & Norton, but it proved only to be a consolation as his side lost 3-1.

Rufforth United continue to lead the way in Reserve C after a 3-0 home success over Wheldrake maintained their goal-difference advantage over Rawcliffe.

Zac Hansen (2) and Danny Wood inflicted the damage.

Rawcliffe’s Henry Wharton and Paul Lawrence fired their team to a 2-0 triumph over Fulford to keep them level on points, while third-placed Sporting Knavesmire put four past Civil Service without answer. Jamie Rutherford (2), Luke Owen and Sam Woodhouse found the target for Knavesmire.

Elsewhere, Cliffe edged past Brooklyn 3-2.

Only one game was played in the League Junior Cup with goals from The Beagle’s Lee Jacob and sub Jamie Kirby securing a 2-1 stoppage-time victory over Civil Service despite the tie seemingly heading for penalties following Joe Mason’s leveller.

Ryan Mumford also receiving his marching orders for Service.