OLD Malton St Mary’s returned to the top of the York Minster Engineering League’s premier division table in stylish fashion, following a 5-0 defeat of fourth-placed Dunnington.

The victory now puts the Ryedale side in control of the title’s destination as they are a point ahead of Huntington Rovers with a game in hand on their rivals.

Rovers themselves conceded two points on their trip to Church Fenton - a notoriously difficult place to visit in recent campaigns - and a ground that Old Malton still to have to visit before the end of the season.

After a first half that was largely dominated by the home side, Huntington got a foothold in the game during the second half, but still couldn’t break down a resilient defence, even when Fenton were reduced to ten men with 15 minutes to go as a hard-fought contest ended goalless.

Third-placed Dringhouses dispatched Thorpe United 6-1 thanks to marksmen Matthew Mulhearn (2), Liam Robertson (2), Liam Olsson and Elliott Frodsham.

Copmanthorpe overcame Poppleton 5-2 with Ben Jones striking four times and Mark Featherstone joining him on the scoresheet.

Osbaldwick salvaged a point against Kirkbymoorside following late goals from Harry Cartledge and Jamie O’Connell.

Tadcaster Magnets defeated Sporting Knavesmire 4-2 with Tom Owen and Mike Eddom hitting the visitors’ consolations.

Easingwold Town upset division one’s runaway leaders Pocklington Town 2-1 thanks to James Wiseman and Tom Rushworth efforts.

Rawcliffe are now a clear second following their 4-2 triumph over Malton & Norton, with Jordan Bean, Dan Moll, Niall Smallwood and Paul Branscombe netting.

Chris Newby (2), Jack Doyle and Henry Gardner sealed a 4-1 victory for Tockwith over Heworth.

Strensall lost 2-1 at home to Harrison Signs, who took the points thanks to Neil Maguire’s free kick and a James Dunwoody 40-yard thunderbolt.

James Arnold, Jack Dinnewell and Luke Durham scored for Riccall United in a 3-3 home draw with Bishopthorpe United.

Rufforth United moved back to the top of division two table follwing a 5-1 triumph at Cawood, as The Beagle were held to a 3-3 draw at Wilberfoss.

Matthew Webster and Michael Linsley (2) made the scoresheet for Brooklyn, but their team went down 5-3 to Civil Service, who replied through Alex Day (2), debutant Jake Wright, Bobby Clapham and Dec Richardson.

Alex Smith and Alex McCallum struck for Barmby Moor in a 2-2 draw with Pollington.

Wheldrake continue to set the pace in division three with James Smith netting twice and Rich Kendall bagging the third in a 3-1 win over Selby Olympia.

Rob Corker and Chris Asquith fired Heslington up to second with a 2-0 success over Stillington Sports & Social Club.

Ellis Turbine and Ashley Cresswell both notched for Walnut Tree but the home side were sunk by a resurgent Crayke United, who had Shane Bogg (3), Tom Green and Lee Johnson on target.

Ryan Cuthbert and Ryan Foster both bagged braces as Helperby beat Swinton 8-0, while Daniel Spink, James Buchanan, Stanley Wood and an own goal completed the tally.

Jordan Siswick and Josh Patten netted for Elm Park but Fulford outscored them 3-2, with their efforts coming from Josh Powell, Jay Snowden and Tom Hannan.