THERE were three League Cup ties played in the York Fastpack Sunday Morning League last weekend, each with a place in the quarter-finals at stake.

Division one heavyweights York Nomads and visiting Malt Shovel could not be separated at half-time, with two goals each, but second-half goals for the hosts saw them through 5-3.

Calum Ward and Liam Flanagan both bagged braces for Nomads, with Cameron Mulhearn rounding off the scoring. The replies came from Gary Collier's brace and Elliot Precious' strike.

Hambleton were convincing 4-0 home winners over NUR, thanks to goals from Kane Snelson, Nathan Parker, Jordan Layburn and Oliver McCardle.

The division two tie between White Horse and York Medics finished 3-3, with no goals scored in extra time.

White Horse went through 4-2 on penalties after their Scott Pallister's hat-trick was cancelled out by goals from Vinayak Prasad, Robbie Britland and Sam Willett.

In the league, Hounds moved up to second with two games in hand following a comfortable 9-1 win over Brayton.

Sam Cable grabbed a hat-trick, Liam Brown a double and Jordan Emery, Issac Leach, Leon Wood and Thomas Hogg completed the scoring. Daniel Smith scored Brayton’s consolation.

Table-toppers Wigginton Grasshoppers turned around a half-time deficit to beat Bramham 2-1 and continue their eight-game winning run courtesy of finishes from Tom Coates and John Cavanagh.

Danny Bass scored for Bramham.

Basement side Bishopthorpe CFC earned their first league win with a 5-3 victory over fellow strugglers Selby Olympia.

Liam Edmondson scored four to help division two leaders Atlanta brushed aside K Town United with a 7-0 win.

Ben Parker, Ben Murphy and Jack Dunn added to Atlanta’s tally.

Second-placed Walnut Tree kept pace as they eased past Rawcliffe United 7-2 at home.

Thomas Johnson scored a hat-trick, Mike Whiteley a brace, with Billy Curryer and Steve Smith both getting on the scoresheet.

Dale Bennett and Aaron Newman scored first-half goals for Rawcliffe.

Bottom side Burnholme were looking to build last week's first win of the season as they hosted third-placed Haxby United, but were soundly beaten 8-1.

Harry Moorcroft scored a hat-trick and Will Plews grabbed two, added to by strikes from Tom Kilvington, Arthur Bird and Kyle Varley. Carl Falcone scored Burnholme’s only goal.

Clockhouse were convincing 8-3 winners over FC Harrogate, as a result leapfrogging Rawcliffe into eighth.

John Patrick and Dylan Howlett each scored two, with further goals coming from Callum Acko, Bradley Walters, Sainey Kanyi and Brodie Dogherty

FC Harrogate’s Sean Robinson also bagged a brace, and Matt Bland also added for the away side.

There was something of a rarity in amateur football in the game between Wentworth and Thorpe United as the sides finished with a 0-0 draw.