DIVISION three leaders Rufforth United enjoyed a boost to their title hopes in the York Minster Engineering League without even kicking a ball.

The two teams directly below them, Bubwith White Swan and Cawood, both lost ground as they remained locked together following a 1-1 draw.

Denton Snowden scored for Cawood with Elliot Precious hitting Swan's reply.

Daniel Zimer bagged four times for Moor Lane in their 10-1 win at Bramham. Andrew Kenyon (2), Fin Scott (2), Scott Backhouse and Patnyk Zimer fired the rest of the visitors' goals.

Harry Robson, James Griffiths and Ben Hodgson netted for The Raj in a 3-1 success at Selby Olympia.

Division four title favourites Clifford survived a scare at Swinton but eventually emerged as 3-2 winners.

They were further boosted as Paul Holmes struck for Stillington Sports & Social Club as they held second-placed Elm Park to a 1-1 draw.

Reece Chapman and Tom Heckingbottom were on target for Pollington in a 2-2 share-all at LNER Builders, whose goals came from Gary Hardcastle and Tom Bateson. Huntington FC gained a 2-0 triumph over Wheldrake.

Meanwhile, Church Fenton took the lead over reserve 'A' leaders Wigginton Grasshoppers but could not hold the advantage as Tom Coates fired Wiggy level before half-time.

The second half was one-way traffic as Grasshoppers took control, Mark Scoreby scoring a 35-yard free kick before Steve Jarvis bagged a double to make it 4-1. James Hopwood then increased the advantage further before 16-year-old Jack Bell struck from 25 yards to round off a 6-1 success.

Huntington Rovers continued their climb towards the summit with a 2-0 win at Old Malton St Mary's. Finlay Burbridge and Lee Bunce inflicted the damage.

Dale Stephenson continued his recent goalscoring form for Easingwold Town but his efforts were in vain as they crashed 6-1 at Thorpe United.

Ricki Hutton's goal likewise wasn't enough for Hemingbrough United as strikes from Andy Rose and Joe Waines gave Dunnington a 2-1 success.

Rhys Piercy netted four times for Malton & Norton as they defeated Copmanthorpe 6-1. Liam Stockhill and Jamie Allen grabbed the other goals for the hosts.

An own goal plus efforts from Chris Suddaby and Nick Lawrie gave reserve 'B' leaders Osbaldwick a 3-2 win over Heworth.

The victory proved even more significant with second-placed Poppleton United suffering a 6-2 setback at home to Tadcaster Magnets. Ben Wilson (2), Hugh Barlow (2), Tom Broadbent and Darren Wilson fired Magnets to success.

Dave Thompson's spectacular effort added to a Ryan Peart goal as Haxby Town took three points from their clash with Harrison Signs, winning 2-0.

Wes Evans and Mark Lund put Civil Service 2-0 ahead against reserve 'C' leaders Malt Shovel as a big upset looked on the cards. Shovel hit back to make it 2-1 but John MacKenzie restored Civil's two-goal advantage.

The Selby side roared back, though, and made it 3-3 just before half-time, eventually overpowering their hosts in the second period to gain a convincing 7-3 success.

Michael Martin, Conner Larner and Jordan Wyard struck for York RI in a 3-1 triumph at Wilberfoss.

Josh Temple bagged for Stamford Bridge at Cliffe but they were sunk 4-1 by a Corey Littlefield hat-trick and a Joe Longstaff finish.

Tom Norton earned Rufforth United a point in their clash with Wheldrake. Mick Nelson struck for the away team. Brooklyn won at Fulford with the only goal of the game.