WIGGINTON Grasshoppers went 11 points clear at the top of the York Minster Engineering League premier division thanks to a 5-0 win at Tadcaster Magnets.

Like last week, title rivals Old Malton St Mary's were tied up with County Cup commitments, allowing Wiggy to again extend their lead.

They led 2-0 at the interval following a fairly even first half, the finishing ability of Jamie Willstrop and Kain Rogerson proving the difference.

The second half was a lot more one-sided with Willstrop adding his second after Gary Newton and Matt Tiplady had weighed in with strikes.

An entertaining game at Huntington Rovers saw Church Fenton storm two up before Chris Dyson reduced the arrears.

Church Fenton added a third after the break and the game seemed to be drifting away from Rovers. However, Dyson had other ideas, hitting two more goals to rescue a point, the second of which was a vicious dipping effort from well outside the area.

The 3-3 draw saw the home side maintain third place in the table.

Dunnington again failed to convert their chances and paid the price at home to Osbaldwick as the visitors left with the points thanks to Isaac Clark's goal. Both sides had a penalty saved, with the result seeing Osbaldwick climb above their hosts into fourth.

Despite dominating the first half against Dringhouses, F1 Racing went into the break trailing 1-0 following a defensive lapse late in the half.

The second period was much tighter, Houses doubling their lead following a quick counter attack.

F1 pulled a goal back via Alex Martin with five minutes to go but a clinical Dringhouses side caught them on the break in the dying minutes as F1 searched for the equaliser, to complete a 3-1 win.

An own goal plus a Craig Atkinson effort gave Copmanthorpe a 2-0 success over Hemingbrough United, while Liam Preston and Kingsley Daffern struck for Malton & Norton as they got an important victory over York RI by the same scoreline.

George Wilson gave Sporting Knavesmire the lead in their derby with Poppleton United but the visitors equalised before the interval and hit four without reply to continue their good form with a 5-1 triumph.

In division one, second-placed Kirkbymoorside were left stunned by Rawcliffe after Niall Smallwood's 21st goal of the season gave the away side a late 2-1 victory.

Rawcliffe had earlier led through Danny Coulson before Kirkby's Dan Ward was brought down in the area and got up to convert the 55th-minute penalty.

James Rudd (2), Nathan Walker, Jake Dunham, Ben Potter, Jason Nattrass, Shaun Elvidge, Carl Brewer and Ash Newton shared the plunder in Pocklington's 9-0 demolition of Wilberfoss.

Easingwold Town's Tom Rushworth hit a hat-trick but his side lost 5-3 at home to Tockwith. Graham Hutchinson (2), Henry Swires, Chris Newby and Adam Fairhurst found the net for the victors.

Isaac Leach fired a brace for Cliffe in their 4-2 defeat of Brooklyn. Paul Tiffany and Callum Petch also struck for the Selby side.

Riccall United gained a 2-0 success over Harrison Signs.

In division two, Bishopthorpe United upset second-placed Haxby Town as they gained some ground in the promotion race.

Josh Winn scored the only goal for the away side as they suffered a 4-1 reversal.

That result allowed Strensall to pull three points clear at the top after thumping Huby United 8-0.

Danny Franks hit four goals with Ali Bell and Adam Stelmach adding two each.

Kevin Smith (2), Josh Cooper and Nathan Spreckley bagged for Stamford Bridge in a 4-1 triumph over Heslington.