FREE-SCORING Old Malton St Mary's sent a warning shot to their York Minster Engineering League premier division title rivals with a 10-3 demolition of Hemingbrough United to maintain control of the table at Christmas.

Despite goals from Josh Gill, Iain Blackburn and Liam Gautry, the Selby side were torn apart by Darren Dunning's men.

Defending champions Wigginton Grasshoppers remain in the leaders' slipstream following a hard-fought victory at Church Fenton.

Johnny Hadley sent the home side into the lead after half an hour following good work from Jonah Beecher. Wiggy responded just four minutes later with Matthew Tiplady teeing up Neale Holmes who executed his shot with precision into the bottom corner. Simon Hudson then had to be at his very best to deny Hoppers the lead.

Chances were few and far between in the second half, with Michael Clancy denying Beecher, but Wiggy secured the points when Tiplady steered home Kain Rogerson's flick-on in a goalmouth scramble.

Another late show from F1 Racing saw them move up to third place with a dramatic 4-3 win over Malton & Norton.

The Ryedale outfit took the lead after F1 had squandered some early opportunities but F1 drew level with a neat finish from George Trifan.

The away side nosed ahead again with a great strike from outside the box, but following a good move F1 equalised once more with a Chris Dempsey goal right on half-time.

F1 started the second period strongly but rued some missed chances as M&N went ahead for a third time following a flowing move.

Nevertheless, with two minutes, left Jason McCloud swept home the third equaliser, and in injury time F1 nicked victory with a George Trifan goal to seal all three points.

Dunnington and Huntington Rovers both lost ground on the leaders after playing out a 1-1 share-all at Common Road.

Dunnington led for much of the game but Rovers snatched a point late on courtesy of a Jon James header.

Osbaldwick leapfrogged both sides and up to fourth place after putting four past Dringhouses without response. Andrew Bilton, Cris Bilton and Dan Davison (2) inflicted the damage.

After a goalless first half, Poppleton collected all three points at Copmanthorpe after a defender put through his own net in the second period.

Ryan Davison and Danny Wood struck for York RI in a 2-2 draw with Tadcaster Magnets, for whom the ever-reliable Phil Smith bagged a brace.

In division one, goals by Paul Moran (2) and Mike Braithwaite gave Thorpe United a 3-1 win over Harrison Signs and ensured they entered the festive period with a five-point cushion at the top.

The away side's goal was some consolation though, Tom Milner netting a 30-yard blockbuster.

Pocklington Town, who sit second and enjoy three games in hand on the table-toppers, lost no ground as they defeated Brooklyn 5-2.

The hosts' goals came from Nathan Walker (2), James Rudd, Stu Lawson and Jed Vale.

Luke Durham, Harry Brigham and Tommy Butterfield were on target for Riccall United as they defeated Cliffe 3-0, while Kirkbymoorside gained a convincing 7-1 success over Wilberfoss.