ANOTHER weekend of poor weather saw the York Minster Engineering Football League programme decimated on Saturday with only eight games across all divisions surviving the cold snap.

The only game played in the premier division saw F1 Racing go up to sixth after edging visitors Poppleton United 2-1, in a match which saw three red cards and a dramatic finale.

The sides initially played out a high-tempo game in which opportunities were few and far between.

Two yellow cards saw Poppleton reduced to 10 men in the first period and F1 finally made the breakthrough early in the second half when George Trifan fired home a spot kick after a second red card had seen the visitors lose another player.

F1, two men to the good, dominated the exchanges but all of their efforts were denied by the Poppy keeper and the visitors began to sense that there may be something in the match for them.

Then in the 88th minute, F1 picked up their first red card of the season - Solly Tomlin-Kent sent off after a second bookable offence - and Adam Douse hit home the resulting penalty to bring Poppleton level.

With a point apiece looking the most likely outcome, Liam King unleashed an unstoppable shot from 30 yards to claim all three points for the home side.

In division one, Thorpe United moved four points clear at the summit after a convincing 4-0 win at Kirkbymoorside.

Paul Moran, Ryan Hughes and Leon Wood (2) fired them to success, although they had substitute Daniel Rodwell sent off late in the game.

Adam Harrison, William Cardy and Josh Cooper netted for Stamford Bridge as they defeated Bishopthorpe United 3-1 in division two.

The only game in division three saw The Raj emerge with a 5-1 success over Selby Olympia, a result which saw them climb to third in the table.

Danny Harrison-Little and Imran Safder hit the target, with regular marksman Daniel Hunter collecting a hat-trick.

Swinton caused an upset at division four leaders Clifford, winning 3-2, while Wheldrake and LNER Builders played out a 3-3 draw.

Steve Wyard and Nick Hartley struck for York RI in their reserve 'C' game at Brooklyn but could not prevent their side suffering a 4-2 setback.

Civil Service led Fulford 2-0 at half-time courtesy of a Lloyd Crawford brace, and they went further clear in the second period when John McKenzie found the net. Andrew Richardson pulled a goal back for the visitors before Kayle Sercombe made it 4-1 late in the game.