PORTUGUESE winger Erico Sousa made his debut as Tadcaster Albion slumped to a seventh league defeat in nine games against Colne.

Sousa, who played for Slovenian club NK Celje after his release by Barnsley three summers ago, joined the Brewers this weekend.

The 21-year-old was one of five changes made by manager Billy Miller following the defeat at Farsley Celtic five days earlier.

Goalkeeper Chandler Hallwood, 19, also made his debut after arriving from League One club Walsall while Jonathan Greening, Josh Greening, and Carl Stewart all returned.

An early goal for the Brewers would have settled the nerves around the i2i stadium after a turbulent past few weeks.

And that goal really should have come inside ten minutes when debutant Sousa jinked inside and clipped a perfect cross to Stewart but his header sailed wide.

Left-winger Sousa certainly injected a dose of pure pace and direct energetic wing-play into Taddy’s game.

The Portuguese attacker was the creator once again for Taddy’s next big chance - firing a ball into Josh Greening who was unable to beat the goalkeeper with his near-post volley.

There was little to choose between the two Counties Champions in first half play but the difference came to the forefront five minutes from the break when Colne took their one big chance.

After some good hold up play by powerful striker Sefton Gonzales, a dinked cross by Joseph Garvin from the left was met by captain Simon Nangle with a determined diving header.

A first half knock saw Jordan Armstrong come on for Jason Mycoe at the interval in a like-for-like swap.

The Brewers came out in the second half with their feet firmly pressed on the accelerator.

But, five minutes in, they squandered another headed opportunity.

Josh Greening somehow found himself unmarked on the penalty spot but he could only head the corner kick wide of the left hand upright.

Taddy threw everything at their Lancastrian opponents and finally found a way through midway through the second half with that stroke of fortune that has been missing in recent games.

Stewart’s low driven free-kick from the edge of the penalty area took a wicked deflection off the wall leaving Colne stopper Nosakhare Aghayere with no chance.

However, just when it looked like Miller’s men could go on at this point and take charge, the visitors re-gained the lead a mere four minutes later.

Lynch did brilliantly, driving up the by-line and pulling back to Oliver Wood who turned the ball in low at the near post.

It was back to square one for the Brewers who had it all to do once again after pushing ferociously for the equaliser in the first place.

Debutant goalkeeper Hallwood showed his class and kept Taddy in it with a fine save to deny Wood.

Taddy continued to huff and puff but that was as far as it went in the end.

In stoppage time, Josh Greening and Tom Allan both saw shots blocked in what were the only sightings of goal in the final part of the match.

The result leaves Taddy in 14th spot in the Evo-Stik First Division North table ahead of next week’s home game with tenth placed Colwyn Bay.