FORMER York City defender Tom Allan scored on his debut as Tadcaster Albion returned to winning ways against Radcliffe Borough.

Allan, who now operates as a left-winger, has joined the Brewers on loan from National League North side Alfreton Town.

Manager Billy Miller had been stressing the need for ‘patience’ ahead of the game after his side recorded just one win in eleven league outings.

And, although Borough took the lead, his message was important as Allan equalised and both Josh Greening and Tom Corner found the net in a 3-2 victory.

Allan, 22, should have opened his account for the Brewers just eight minutes into the game but shot wide from 12 yards.

Borough began the contest seeing more of the ball but it was Taddy creating the majority of the chances.

With almost half an hour played, Miller’s men looked dangerous and Corner narrowly failed to force home a Carl Stewart cross.

But it was Borough who opened the scoring when captain Lassana Nalatche’s long range shot took a cruel deflection off Andy Milne on its way past goalkeeper Gary Stevens.

Striker Raul Corriea was a constant threat for Boro and came close to increasing the lead before Allan’s equaliser seven minutes before the interval.

Using his strength to bully Nalatche off the ball, Allan hooked his foot around the ball and fired into the bottom right-hand corner of the net.

The Brewers scored again, soon after the break, when Josh Greening drove into the penalty area and his shot somehow eluded goalkeeper Ryan.

Less than two minutes later, Taddy were firmly in the driving seat as Corner netted his eleventh goal of the campaign.

Allan skipped beyond his man on the left flank before hanging up a cross towards the towering figure of Corner.

He used all of his neck muscles to loop a header up and over the full stretching Ryan from 15 yards.

However, the momentum swung back in the favour of the home side when Corriea reduced the deficit to just one goal by firing low into the bottom corner.

The goal sparked the home support into life and injected their team with fresh confidence.

The introduction of substitute Conor Sellars almost paid off for Taddy when he turned his man before sliding a through ball to Josh Greening whose fierce shot was tipped over.

Borough continued to stick to their philosophy of playing out from the back, even when trailing with just a few minutes remaining. This approach is rare from a non-league side .

Borough’s big chance to grab a point fell to defender Nalatche in the dying moments.

A dangerous cross from the left squirmed past goalkeeper Stevens but Nalatche, at the back post, turned his shot against the upright.

Both Sellars and Adam Baker also spurned glorious chances in stoppage time for the Brewers but both were denied by Borough goalkeeper Ryan.

Fortunately for the Brewers, this did not matter as they held on for a much needed victory going into a tough Christmas period.

First-choice goalkeeper Michael Ingham, meanwhile, is expected to be out of action for three to four months following an operation on his foot.

The former York City and Northern Ireland international suffered the injury against Goole two months ago and has not featured for the last few games.

“I’m absolutely gutted” he said. “I never thought it was that bad.

“But I am far from done - I’m determined to be back sooner than the three to four months diagnosed.”

It is the first time in his career that Ingham, 36, has need surgery following injury.

The Brewers travel to Yorkshire Amateurs on Tuesday night in the third round of the West Riding County Cup.