REIGNING champions Old Malton St Mary's moved seven points clear of the chasing back after a 3-0 victory over Dringhouses in the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division.

Daman Cox twice produced clinical finishes when left one-on-one with the Dringhouses keeper to give Malton the edge.

Then Steve Baxter tapped home a rebound after Darren Dunning’s penalty was expertly saved by the Houses keeper.

Dunnington, Old Malton’s closest pursuers, were humbled once again by bogey side Huntington Rovers.

Despite much Dunnington pressure in the first half, Rovers went in at the break 2-0 up courtesy of a Chris Dyson brace.

The lead was consolidated by Dale Winn’s first goal for the club, the centre-half volleying home James Edmund’s cross.

Dunnington pressed once again and were rewarded with a well-taken Jimmy Willmoth goal ten minutes from time, but Dyson finished the scoring with his hat-trick goal capping an excellent 4-1 victory for Rovers.

Riccall United maintained third place with a 6-2 home triumph over Harrison Signs.

Former Selby Town and Cliffe hitman Ian Beckram scored the lion’s share of the goals, hitting four to cap an outstanding performance.

Louis Blackwell and an own goal made up the rest of Riccall’s plunder.

Regular marksman Cameron Sanderson was on target for Signs, along with Rich Thomas, who struck his first goal for the club.

Tadcaster Magnets also returned to winning form, hitting York Railway Institute for six without reply.

Philip Smith (3), Robert McDermid, John Crowley and Scott Nicholas found the target for the fourth-placed side.

Wigginton Grasshoppers leapt back above recent conquerors Osbaldwick after their 6-1 defeat of Terrington Glory.

Matthew Tiplady scored his first league goal in seven games to open the scoring after ten minutes, with Jamie Willstrop doubling the advantage six minutes later.

Tiplady then doubled his tally with a powerful drive after 25 minutes, shortly before Tom Coates curled home a neat finish to make it 4-0 at the interval.

Tiplady completed his hat-trick with a volley two-thirds of the way through the game and Grasshoppers’ scoring was completed by Luke Hall moments later.

Johnny Brown hit a magnificent consolation for Glory from 30 yards with ten minutes remaining.

Two of last year’s promoted sides played out a tight 1-1 draw.

Osbaldwick edged ahead on 41 minutes through Andrew Bilton, but Johnny Marshall blasted Church Fenton level with a 20-yard free-kick after 55 minutes.

Simon Hudson then made a fine save from Bilton to keep Church Fenton on terms and assure the sides left with a point apiece.

Easingwold Town’s woes continued as they faced lowly Poppleton United at home and were sunk by two penalties in the latter minutes of the first half.

Town are now without a point from 17 games.