KNARESBOROUGH missed the chance to steal the Galtres division three title in the Hunters York & District Senior League as they lost their last match at Tadcaster Magnets II.

The third-placed side had been afforded the opportunity as the potential title decider between the top two, Rowntrees & Huntington and Easingwold II, was rained off with R&H on 80-3.

But, needing 167 to snatch the crown and push Easingwold out of the promotion zone, they were bowled out for 138 by Jack Burton (4-26) and Danny Nicholls, with only John Sixsmith (31) making a score of note.

Magnets had made 166-5 through Matthew Hunt (41) and John Hunter (67 not out), Alex Gates claiming 3-44.

R&H were thus crowned champions with Easingwold II joining them in division two next season.

Coming down the other way are New Earswick, alongside division two basement team Stillington.

That second relegation place had been between Earswick and Duncombe Park.

The latter went to champions Sheriff Hutton Bridge II, who made 203-2 from a rain-reduced 37 overs with Paul Oldfield’s prolific season continuing with 85 not out and Dave Bradshaw adding 50.

Duncombe struggled in reply against Jordan Grose (4-20) but managed to hold out for a draw at 114-8.

This result opened the door to Earswick as the gap was only 19 points.

But, despite Andy Routledge making 30, they were bowled out for 140 at Sessay II after quality spells by James Skelton (3-36) and Ben Scaling (4-24) and the home team reached their target for the loss of five wickets, Liam Ormston making 58 not out.

All other games in the division were lost to the weather so Sessay replaced Pannal in second.

Elsewhere in division three, Osbaldwick II captain Andy Hall finished the season with back-to-back centuries as he made 112 not out to take his side to victory at Huby.

The hosts had made 151-7 through Hugh Shedden (32) and Iain Varney (30no), Ed Baldwin taking 3-32. Baldwin (25no) also supported his skipper in an unbeaten match-winning fifth-wicket stand of 104.

Relegated Heworth III were skittled for just 26 as Wetherby's Adam Wilkinson tore through them with 6-2.

The visitors had earlier made 176-2 from a rain-reduced 28 overs through Andy Twitchen (77), John Tweddle (63) and Neil Thomas (27no). Wetherby finished third, Knaresborough II slipping to fourth.

Bottom-placed New Earswick II made 152-9 from 30 overs at home to Woodhouse Grange III through Craig Stimpson (61no) and Dave Scott (25), with wickets for Pat Durkin (3-22), John Gilbank (3-33) and Alex Hay (3-39).

In reply, Trevor Britain (45) and Dan Wilson (30) kept Woodhouse in the hunt but they ended seven runs short at 145-7 after 4-25 from Kier Brookes-Humphrey.

York IV again conceded their game, Sheriff Hutton the beneficiaries.