BUBWITH wrapped up the Foss Evening Cricket League division one title with a thrilling victory against Dunnington Academy.

Unbeaten Bubwith have stormed through the top flight, taking the crown with a couple of weeks to spare after winning division two last season.

Paul Van Dijk was the mainstay of Bubwith's 139-6 in 18 overs with 41.

Academy’s Dan Andrew struck 61 from 26 balls in reply, including three successive sixes. He was supported by Mark Willoughby (34) as the Dunnington side raced to 97 before the loss of the first wicket in the tenth over.

But five wickets fell for ten runs as Bubwith ran out winners by six runs.

Woodhouse Grange compiled a massive 197-3 from their 20 overs against North Dalton thanks to Nathan Saltmer’s stunning 132 not out which included eight boundaries and 12 maximums.

Mark Clarkson (51) and Shaun Tate (29) put on 84 for Dalton’s third wicket but their team fell well short.

Openers Toby Giddings (71no) and Booth (44no) swept York to a ten-wicket win against a Dunnington side which included three under-13s.

Yapham are within touching distance of the division two title after defeating Retreat I by 24 runs.

Jack Holman was Yapham’s top scorer with 34, putting on 69 in the first seven overs with Jason Nattress (23). Salman Syed (2-26) bowled a double wicket maiden for Retreat and made 44 in a losing cause. Spinner Scott Hardwick shone for Yapham with 2-20 in five overs.

Nine-man Melbourne's innings never got going against Heworth, who clocked up their sixth successive victory with Finn Scott (63no) launching two sixes and seven fours in his unbeaten 63.

Bishop Wilton’s teenage home attack contained Stockton & Hopgrove to 105, Ollie Robinson claiming 3-16. Joe Moore then batted through for an unbeaten 53 as Bishop won by six wickets.

Tang Hall Tigers captain Stephen Tait (3-15) took his club's first hat-trick as they maintained their grip at the top of division three.

They easily defeated nearest rivals Heworth Colts to open a five-point advantage at the top.

A 72-run partnership between 16-year-old Pearce Lindley and Lewis Meek, aged 14, saw Heworth to 88. Both teenagers finished not out on 31.

The Tigers cruised to victory in the 13th over thanks in the main to a brutal 48 from Jack Gabbatiss.

The Burdett brothers blasted Woodhouse Grange Academy to a ten-wicket thumping of Retreat II. Younger brother Tom (68no) outscored Ben (58no) as Woodhouse moved into the promotion picture.

Aviva Vikings won their third game of the season by beating visitors Thixendale in a tight finish.

A steady 54 from Doug Bentley was not enough for Thixendale, who lost in the final over for the second week running. There was a late controversy when the scores were tied at 119 as Darren Lovett played out the penultimate over without scoring a run as he faced a string of bouncers in fading light. It was left to Connor Borrows to hit the penultimate delivery of the match to the boundary to give Vikings victory.

Fine bowling by Ovington pacemen Dom Kitching (2-14) and Alistair Souch (1-14) restricted Westow to just 21-3 off their first eight overs.

Nathan Pratt then hit a quickfire 37 as the visitors finished on 106-6. Ovington’s second-wicket pair Tom Armes (45no) and Harry Buckley (50no) both hit a series of boundaries to seal the win.