YORK City boss Gary Mills will review video footage before deciding whether to appeal red cards handed out to star striker Jason Walker and Andre Boucaud at Barrow.

Minstermen top scorer Walker was sent off deep in stoppage-time for a tackle on the Bluebirds’ Jason Owen, while Boucaud was also handed a straight red by referee Karl Evans after having been judged to have raised his hands in the melee which followed the challenge.

While cautious before looking again at the incidents, which overshadowed City’s achievement in becoming the first side to stop Barrow scoring in the Blue Square Bet Premier this season, Mills was inclined to think Walker’s tackle had been a bad one.

But he was at a loss to explain how Boucaud had been singled out by officials in the subsequent brawl, which saw a large number of players from both sides involved.

“All I ask is consistency from referees,” Mills said.

“I think he has probably given them 30 free-kicks from our centre-halves in the back of their strikers. Probably the most blatant free-kick was in Jason’s back on the half-way line before the incident.

“Why he hasn’t given it, I don’t know. Jason’s has looked to me like a nasty challenge, which I would like to see again. He looked straight legged.

“So, as we speak and until I see it again, I’ve got no argument with Jason going off.

“With Andre, to pick one person out of that melee is beyond me.

“They are saying he (Boucaud) has raised his hands but to pick one person out of a melee like that is, like I say, beyond me.

“But we have got DVDs and, sometimes, I get things wrong afterwards and I don’t want to make too many statements until I have seen it again to be honest.”

The red cards were a sour note on an otherwise satisfactory performance for Mills.

He was happy with a point against a side who have beaten Wrexham and Fleetwood at home, along with a second clean sheet in succession on a tricky, bobbly, Barrow pitch.

“0-0 away at Barrow is a good result for us,” Mills added.

“We had a couple of chances, they had a couple of chances. It’s a hard place to come and get anything and we got a point, a clean sheet, so I am delighted with that.

“We had to change it a little bit. We started off playing how we want to but we soon learned in the first ten minutes it wasn’t going to be possible.

“I wanted us to go a bit more direct at times, play a little bit more with Ashley’s (Chambers) pace and try to turn them and I don’t think we did that enough but, listen, people don’t realise how difficult it is out there.

“It’s a bobbly pitch and I think if you ask any manager in this league, if you are at Barrow and you say it is 0-0 they will take it.

“It’s a great point for me. It’s a difficult, difficult place to come.”

Meanwhile, on loan striker Liam Henderson, pictured above, scored his first competitive goal in more than 50 senior appearances as Forest Green beat Braintree 5-1.

Henderson, who came on as a 77th-minute substitute, scored within four minutes of his arrival.

City’s next opponents are Forest Green on Saturday.