TADCASTER Albion extended their unbeaten streak to five matches after a goalless draw at Frickley Athletic.

Strong wind made playing cohesive football almost impossible for either side in the NCEL premier division clash on an afternoon in which Albion dominated but could not find the back of the net.

The Brewers were unchanged after their midweek draw at Hallam, with Sam Green, on dual registration from Stockbridge Park Steels, again between the sticks.

And he got his first test just three minutes into the contest when the wind caught the ball - which seemed to hang in the air close to the line - but the new shot-stopper did not take his eyes off it for a split second.

At the other end, Cody Collins chipped a free-kick to Joe Crosby, but he could not keep his finish the right side of the upright.

Oli Norman was then fouled just beyond the line but Collins’ effort was well taken by Callum Bradbury, who was called into action again shortly after when the ball was put on a plate for Josh Hardcastle, who was also foiled by the Frickley stopper.

Charlie Owen was next to try his luck, but a half-volley from 18 yards was put wide.

As the half reached its mid-point, Frickley had two chances. First, Lloyd Smith sent Alhassane Keita through but it was cleared before he could get a shot away, and shortly after a free-kick resulting from Sam Kitchen’s foul on the left winger was cleared by Conor Qualter.

Ben Tweed’s free-kick ten minutes before the break looked to have provided Tadcaster with an opening after causing havoc in the home defence, but both Qualter and Dan Thirkell were a whisker short of connecting with it.

Tweed was clattered again some 35 yards out, but though his tantalising set-piece found Qualter, he could not keep his shot below the bar.

Collins almost found a way through from distance as the Brewers continued to pile on the pressure, but a Tweed yellow card on the whistle proved the last action in a first half that remained all square, despite Albion’s dominance.

The visitors continued on the front foot after the break, but nobody was able to turn the ball home from inside the box after Norman’s cut-back from a tight angle.

At the other end, forward Luke Walker’s 20-yard effort was well held by Green.

Norman then blasted over after good play between Tweed and Crosby, before drilling the ball wide in a one-on-one with Bradbury.

Frickley saw their best chance with 62 minutes played, with a corner needing only a touch, before it was cleared by the Tadcaster defence.

10 minutes later, Crosby burst down the left wing, and having rounded his defender chose to pass the ball to Norman, but it was intercepted and cleared.

Shortly after, Tweed was upended 25 yards out, but Bradbury was equal to both his effort and Thirkell’s free-kick four minutes later.

Owen was next to shoot wide of the target, before Tweed’s 25-yard effort landed safely in Bradbury’s grasp with a little over 10 minutes left to play.

Luke Stewart, introduced for Crosby after a hamstring injury, looked to make an instant impact after seizing on Qualter’s header, but saw his shot blocked.

And Frickley were again indebted to their goalkeeper as normal time drew to a close, with Bradbury twice denying Norman.

The hosts had the better of the play in added time, although Albion substitute Jordan Hines was close with an opportunity which needed a more powerful header.

Green did well to push away a dangerous Frickley corner before the final action again went the way of the hosts with a free-kick from Morgan James, but the Tadcaster wall held firm to ensure they remained unbeaten for a fifth league game in a row.

The Brewers return to action at Knaresborough Town on Saturday (3pm).