TEN-MEN Tadcaster Albion and Hallam shared the spoils after Cody Collins’ second goal of the season earned the Brewers a point in a 1-1 draw.

The teams had met at the So-Trak Stadium just three weeks previously when the match was abandoned after an hour, with Hallam one goal in front.

Mick O’Connell had anticipated fielding the same team that had beaten Albion Sports last Saturday, but goalkeeper Joe Wilton was injured in the warm-up, giving 18-year-old Sam Green, on loan from Stocksbridge Steels, his first outing for the Brewers.

With the hosts playing down the slope the first half would be the most difficult for Tadcaster.

On seven minutes Bradbury volleyed from the 18-yard line but Green was well placed for his first taste of action.

Albion replied with a break up field and almost took the lead when Oli Norman saw Hugo Warhurst off his line and audaciously lobbed the ball goalwards, but it just cleared the bar.

Green was in action again on the quarter hour, punching away a dangerous cross from the right to safety and a minute later denying Macaskill’s on target header.

The hosts had a real let off when Stuart Ludlam headed back to Warhurst, an own goal only being denied by the cross bar; Joe Crosby followed the rebound, but his shot was cleared.

On 35 minutes Hallam took the lead when Danny Buttle produced a defence splitter into the Tadcaster box, allowing former EFL defender Pudil position from eight yards out, with his powerful header giving Green no chance.

Not long later chaos broke out when Pudil was fouled from behind, with everybody except the Tad keeper seeming to be involved.

Raeece Ellington, Pudil and Countrymen’s skipper Warhurst were yellow carded. Full marks to Tadcaster Skipper, Dan Thirkell, for doing everything he could to calm the situation.

When play finally restarted it was Green again keeping Tadcaster in with a chance with a superb save from Macaskill - it was just the single goal which separated the teams at the interval.

Hallam started the second half on the front foot, but Albion were beginning to look menacing with the slope now in their favour.

Conor Qualter’s pass to Ellington saw him shoot wide, Collins’ inswinging corner was punched out by Warhurst and on 55 minutes Sam Kitchen blasted goalwards with a 25-yarder, but again it was just on the wrong side of the post.

On 62 minutes, Albion equalised; Charlie Owen’s effort was blocked but came straight back out to Collins who unleashed a powerful low drive beneath Warhurst.

The Brewers had a chance to double their advantage on 68 minutes when Norman almost intercepted a back header to Warhurst.

Collins, however, was dismissed on 76 minutes for a double yellow, the second for upending Basille Zotters.

With both teams looking for the elusive winner, Pudil’s free kick was over the bar, whilst at the other end Warhurst did well to save from Crosby’s stinging effort.

A fair result in very difficult conditions sees the fourth consecutive game unbeaten for the Brewers, who now ready themselves for their match on Saturday away to Frickley Athletic (3pm).

Tadcaster Albion: Green, Hardcastle, Owen, Thirkell, Qualter, Collins, Ellington (Hines), Kitchen, Crosby (Holmes), Tweed, Norman (Ibrahimi).

Subs Not Used: Cassius-Gill, Walters.