A SENSATIONAL hattrick from Oli Norman saw Tadcaster Albion cruise to a 3-0 victory over Albion Sports.

Apart from the late injury to Junayd Cassius-Gill, Tadcaster were at full strength.

With just two minutes played, Josh Hardcastle put a tantalising cross over the Albion defence to the waiting Norman, but his shot was wide.

The Lions hit straight back with their first foray into the home half 60 seconds later, but Ash Flynn’s effort was saved by Joe Wilton with his legs.

Full back Eisa Fauldin tried his luck with a 25-yarder through a packed Tad defence but Wilton watched it all the way, saving with his second touch.

On 13 minutes Ben Tweed put a measured through ball to Norman, but goalkeeper Kyle Trennery pushed him too far as the Tad striker tried to round him.

Cody Collins’ throw resulted in Joe Crosby and Tweed combining well but having found Norman in space, the cross to the far post resulted in a corner .

Collins was straight back in the action on 22 minutes, his deep cross to Norman setting up Raeece Ellington but his shot was cleared by Trennery.

On the half hour Norman’s inch perfect pass found Charlie Owen in space well inside the box – his shot was good but Trennery’s reaction save, even better.

The break through occurred two minutes later; again, Collins started the attack but when his cross into the area was clearly handballed , with the referee pointing straight to the spot.

Norman drove a low ball just inside the far post and although Trennery guessed correctly, the pace was too much and Taddy were in the lead.

On 37 minutes, Norman raced into the box but with Trennery to beat, he was upended by the keeper just inside the line.

After consultation with his assistant the referee red carded Trennery and awarded a second penalty. Defender Ryan Conlon was handed the goalkeepers jersey and dived the wrong way as Norman opted for the same corner as his first spot kick.

After five added minutes before the half time whistle, Norman secured his hat-trick as he curled a shot in from the edge of the box which was deflected into his own net by one of the Lions defenders.

Inevitably the second half would not be a dramatic as the opening 45, but the Lions dug in and back to ten players had a chance on 69 minutes but Murphy’s 20-yard free kick was well held by Wilton.

Wilton was again in action as the visitors looked for a way through, tipping Miguel Valsau’s effort over the bar, whilst Waddington, having reached the byline, was foiled by the tad shot-stopper albeit at an acute angle at the far post

Mick O’Connell made full use of his bench to keep the pressure on throughout the half; Hines for Collins, Stewart for Kitchen, and then in the closing stages John took over from Ellington, Holmes from Qualter and finally the long-awaited return of Lewis Walters on for Tweed right at the end.

A terrific performance from the squad and the third league win on the bounce for the Brewers cementing their 12th mid-table position with 43 points from 32 games.

Next Saturday, Tadcaster are on the road to Frickley (3pm) who are one place below the Brewers.

Tadcaster Albion: Wilton, Hardcastle, Owen, Thirkell, Qualter (Holmes), Collins (Hines), Ellington (John), Kitchen (Stewart), Crosby, Tweed (Walters), Norman.