TADCASTER Albion secured an important 3-1 victory over Silsden at the So-Trak Stadium.

Despite the rain over the last week, the pitch at the So-Trak Stadium was in perfect condition for the visit of sixth-placed Silsden, a squad that included three ex Brewers – Casey Stewart, Cody Cromack and Tnique Fishley.

Again, it was a fast start from Tadcaster, in the fourth minute Junayd Cassius-Gill sent Kieran Greenway through for a one-on-one, but goalkeeper Kyle Trenerry was out quickly to push the shot away for a corner.

Captain Dan McDaid swung the corner in for Joe Crosby to head down to Conor Qualter, who from a few feet could not miss as he powered the ball home to put the Brewers ahead.

Silsden’s first attack came on nine minutes but a cross into the box was headed over.

Both teams were searching for the next goal which almost arrived for the visitors on seventeen minutes when striker Jake Cassidy turned on the ball but the shot from 12 yards out lack power – nevertheless Joe Wilton scurried across the line as it drifted just inches beyond the near post.

Olli Norman ‘s trade mark charge down the right flank saw the cross into the area cleared, whilst Wilton was again in action as Luke Brooksbank homed in on goal.

On 34 minutes Norman picked up a loose ball and worked his way into the box, only for a stinging shot inches on the wrong side of the upright.

Not long later, Albion doubled their score. From another pinpoint free-kick from McDaid, Cassius-Gill was fouled in the box- Norman stepped up to send Trenerry the wrong way and it looked as if Tad would take a two-goal lead into the interval.

Silsden had other ideas and in the final minute of the half Dan Thirkell gave away a penalty to the opposition as they searched for a way back. Wilton guessed right but Hudson’s shot was too good as they pulled one back to halve the deficit.

Albion started the second half, again on the front foot. McDaid’s in swinging corner eluded everybody in the box Including Qualter waiting at the far post. The Tadcaster captain almost got on the score sheet on 51 minutes as his 25-yard free kick went over the wall only to smash against the upright.

Wilton made an outstanding double save to keep the Brewer’s lead intact ; first was Hudson’s goal bound shot and then, from point blank range , the follow up from Brooksbank.

Just beyond the hour mark, Tadcaster extended their lead when from another McDaid free kick Qualter headed the ball down to the waiting Cassius-Gill who had a straight forward tap in for his first goal since returning to the club.

Baldwin was then tripped outside the box but the Taddy wall held firm, whilst at the other end Hudson’s blatant foul on Norman resulted in yet another McDaid free kick, this time from 35 yards out, but Trenerry was quickly down to Greenway’s goal bound drive.

Wilton was again in action, stopping what looked like another goal for the Cobbydalers with his chest whilst almost immediately Cassius-Gill, turned defender, to clear off the line.

With Sam Kay, Corey Roper and Cody Collins on for Norman, Ibrahimi and Kitchen the Brewers were ready for the final onslaught from their opponents but almost got a fourth goal with five minutes to go but Trenerry managed to get a hand to the goal bound strike from Cassius–Gill soon to make way for Jayden John.

Arguably the best performance from the Brewers this season - another three points lifts them to fifteenth in the NCEL.

This Saturday they play, again at home, as Knaresborough Town visit. Kick Off 3.00 pm

Tadcaster Albion: Wilton. Owen, McDaid, Thirkell, Qualter, Ibrahimi (Collins), Norman (Kay), Kitchen (Roper), Crosby, Greenway, Cassius-Gill (John) . Sub not used ; Ahmed