By Olly Wood

TADCASTER Albion fell to their third straight defeat on Saturday, when Cleethorpes Town came from a goal down to register a 4-1 win at Ings Lane.

Kesi Omolokun gave Taddy the lead just before the half-hour mark but Cleethorpe's Scott Vernon had turned the game on its head by the break by scoring the first two goals of his hat-trick.

Following on from losses to Ossett United and fellow strugglers Pickering Town, the defeat to fifth-placed Cleethorpes leaves the Brewers dangling precariously around the Northern Premier League east division relegation zone. Only two points separate them from basement side Sheffield.

Manager John Deacey made three changes to the side that lost 2-1 at Pickering last time out, with Ben Bottomley back between the sticks and the returning Chris Howarth being handed another debut alongside new signing Mark Ferguson.

After the even opening exchanges, Omolokun - wearing the captain's armband for the day - fired home the rebound after Cleethorpes keeper Tom Jackson got down well to deny Jack Carr’s driven shot.

Tadcaster breached the Cleethorpes defence on more than one occasion down the right wing, but the visitors managed to deal with the crosses in the box.

And in the 36th minute, Vernon levelled matters. Brody Robertson’s cross was brought down by the former Football League striker, who showed composure before finishing passed Bottomley.

Seconds before the half-time whistle, Vernon made it 2-1 to the visitors when he cleverly redirected Roberton's shot into the corner from the six-yard box.

The visitors started the second half on the front foot without troubling the Tadcaster defence, while Taddy had a couple of good chances. Eddie Church saw a tight-angled drive well saved by Jackson, who also denied Carr after the Brewers man was clipped through by Omolokun.

Moments later the visitors extended their lead. Josh Venney had his shot deflected onto the bar but Luke Lofts was there to loop a header off the rebound into the far corner.

In the 72nd minute, Vernon wrapped up the win, the former Aberdeen and Oldham man free at the back post to head in.

"I thought it was a lot more encouraging, particularly in the first half," Deacey commented.

"We were maybe a little bit unlucky to come in at 2-1.

"We took a quick throw in because it's 1-1 and we're the home team. We lost possession.

"We should be playing on the front foot and trying to do things quick.

"You can blame people for taking a quick throw but we're maybe trying to get back in front so it's swings and roundabouts."

Pickering sit a point and a place behind Taddy following a 3-2 defeat at Worksop Town.

The Pikes twice led in the first half through star man Brandon Holdsworth and Omar Sanyang but they were beaten by a Jack Broadhead hat-trick, the final goal of which came 23 minutes from time.

Steve Roberts side are 18th in the 19-team division with an important game against 16th-placed Frickley Athletic coming up at the weekend.