DRINGHOUSES returned to their early season form, inflicting Dunnington's first defeat of the season upon them as they registered a commanding 3-1 victory at Common Road, writes Graham Ireton.

The Houses win opens up the York Minster Engineering League premier division title race and ends the last remaining unbeaten run in the division.

A brace from Cole Carter and a Sam Ripley-Kitson effort did the damage, with Tom Anderson replying for the hosts.

Dunnington's loss meant that Wigginton Grasshoppers assumed pole position after their 2-0 win at Kirkbymoorside.

The visitors cruised into a 2-0 lead after just nine minutes thanks to a neat finish from Max Bauer and a header from Dan Moll.

Old Malton St Mary's remain well in touch in third place after a straightforward 4-0 defeat of Huntington Rovers.

Rawcliffe sit in fifth, four points behind Dringhouses following a 2-0 home triumph over F1 Racing. Niall Smallwood struck both goals in the first half.

Poppleton United moved up to eighth with a 3-0 success at Hemingbrough United. Brad Worsfold found the net with his effort being supplemented by an own goal and a Ben Dale penalty.

Strensall Tigers gained their first victory of the season in some style, putting six past Easingwold Town without reply.

Josh Winn bagged a hat-trick with Jack Bell producing a delightful chip to take the plaudits with the goal of the game. Jake Moyse and Duke Witter were also on target.

Osbaldwick saw their 100 per cent start in division one come crashing to an end after they were defeated at home to Pocklington Town.

The home side fell 2-1 to a late strike from Sam Shipley after it looked likely that Adam Thornton's effort would go some way to earning them at least a point from the match. Adam Falkingham had given Pock an early lead.

Osso's defeat opened the way for Cawood to move top, and they did just that, defeating Brooklyn 5-2. Matthew Ward (2), Paul Winterburn (2) and Jean-Pierre Grenier fired the hosts to the summit.

Haxby Town kept up the chase with a 2-1 victory over Stamford Bridge. Tom Kilvington and Kris Robertshaw netted for Haxby with Nathan Spreckley hitting Stamford's consolation.

Tom Richards earned Tockwith a point from their 1-1 draw at Bishopthorpe White Rose.

Duncombe Park continue to hold a three-point lead in division two following their 4-1 victory at Clifford.

Pollington can move level if they win their game in hand, and kept up the pressure after a hard-fought 4-3 success over Wheldrake. Jack Stocks (2), Matthew Wright and Tom Collins were on target for Pollington with Dan Gunnell, Chris Verzi and Andrew Murtagh replying for the hosts.

Brad Walters, Liam Keenaghan, Danny Cates (2) and Anthony Madgewick fired Rufforth United to a 5-0 win over Ebor Wanderers.

Strikes from Leigh Dutton (2) and Alex Day earned Civil Service a point from a 3-3 draw with Cliffe. Walnut Tree cruised to a 6-0 triumph over Heslington.

Helperby United missed the chance to leapfrog out-of-action Garforth LG at the top of the York Minster Engineering League division three.

York St John University denied them a summit spot and goals from Gabe Lee and Jake Brown saw the students gain a 2-0 victory and move up to fourth.

That result meant that Wilberfoss' 4-0 triumph at Barmby Moor now puts them into second position, two points adrift of Garforth.

An own goal plus strikes from Luke McAllister, Dan Jacques and Sam McAllister ensured the points went the way of 'Foss.

Fulford cantered to a 5-0 success over Copmanthorpe, whose day got worse with a last-minute red card.

Crayke United gained a thrilling 5-4 success over Howden. Robbie Tomlinson hit a hat-trick for the Minstermen and was supported by a Ben Jackson effort, but their side could not keep the firepower of Ethan Oakes at bay, the forward bagging four as Crayke edged the points. Brandon Carrick's deflected shot proved to be a crucial fifth for the hosts.

The much-anticipated clash between the two 100 per cent sides in division four did not disappoint, with Sporting Knavesmire and Hamilton Panthers playing out a fiercely contested but good-spirited 3-3 draw.

Panthers went 2-0 up after 20 minutes before Sam Bibby pulled one back five minutes before the break.

With the referee about to blow his whistle for half-time, Bibby then netted a 20-yard free kick to make it 2-2.

Aiden Funnell then smashed the ball home from 12 yards five minutes after the restart to make it 3-2 to Knavesmire before Panthers levelled from the penalty spot with 20 minutes to go.

Tom Simpson and Ben Thomas earned Bishop Wilton a 2-1 win over Selby Olympia, for whom Luke Lambert replied.

York Shamrocks and Hensall Hawks played out a 0-0 draw, giving Hawks a very welcome first point of the season.

Ashley Macpherson's goal was the only bright point of LNER Builders' game with Elvington Harriers, the hosts falling to a 13-1 drubbing.

It was business as usual for Huntington Rovers in York Minster Engineering League Reserve 'A' as they put another three points on the board to maintain their six-point lead at the top of the division.

Hat-tricks from Dan Marshall and Lee Bunce plus a Kieran Flanagan effort saw them gain a 7-2 victory over Rufforth United.

Old Malton St Mary's remain unbeaten in second place and dispatched Wigginton Grasshoppers 5-2. 

James Sutton bagged a brace for Hoppers. 

Dunnington suffered their first setback of the season, losing 1-0 at Pocklington Town. 

Dringhouses have been inconsistent in recent weeks but were in splendid form at Tockwith, beating their hosts 7-0. 

Liam Jackson (2), Charlie Rankeillor, Josh Parker (2), Dave Melody and Keanan Crake shared the haul for the St Helen's Road club. 

Thorpe United enjoyed a 4-0 success over Poppleton United.

Haxby Town joined Rawcliffe at the top of Reserve 'B' following a 9-1 thrashing of Easingwold Town. 

Kieran Ledger (2), Paul Holmes (2), James Gilbertson, Mike Fell, Danny Palmer, Rowan Todd and Luke Whittaker netted for Haxby with Tyler Holmes-Ellerker hitting Easingwold's consolation. 

An own goal plus a Tim Konarski strike saw Fulford triumph 2-0 at Copmanthorpe.

Niall Scott fired in a hat-trick for York RI in Reserve 'C' as the league leaders took their 100 per cent record to six games. 

Isaac Hill responded for Wilberfoss but could not prevent his side suffering a 3-1 loss. 

Second-placed Civil Service led at half-time through Stefan Bulmer, but saw Garforth LG come back to gain a 2-1 success. 

Zack Turner and Jayden Hemingway struck second-half goals for the visitors.

Reece Moody, Peter Spare and Alfred Thompson fired Heslington to a 3-1 success at Marton Abbey. 

Nathan Snowdon was on the scoresheet for the hosts. 

The same score line was seen at Walnut Tree who were sunk 3-1 by Wheldrake. 

Jake Yuill, Chris Laycock and Hamish Campbell found the net for the away side.