CITY of York Men I recorded a third successive victory in the Yorkshire and North East Hockey League premier division after winning 3-2 at Harrogate I, writes Clive Marshall.

York immediately went on the attack, taking the Harrogate midfield and defence a little off guard.

The two teams appeared equal for a large part of the first half with each other spending periods of time in each other’s end of the pitch attacking and defending.

York did manage to open the scoring through some great team work and individual skills from Jamie Clark.

A second goal followed shortly from Alex Cockram to give York a 2-0 lead at half time.

The second half saw York on the back foot, losing the slight edge they had over Harrogate.

It was not long before Harrogate managed to equal the scoreline with two goals in relatively quick succession.

The intensity of the game increased and both sides were given cards which left York with a player advantage in the last five minutes of the game.

The advantage was used well with Cockram scoring his second of the day to give York the win.

City of York II won 3-0 against Huddersfield Dragons I while Rotherham I thrashed City of York IV 7-2.

In North Yorkshire derbies, City of York V beat Thirsk I 5-3 while Scarborough III got the better of City of York VIII 4-1.

Huddersfield Dragons II defeated City of York VI 3-2 and Slazengers III sealed a 5-0 rout over City of York VII.

Meanwhile, City of York Ladies II lost 2-1 at Ben Rhydding III while City of York IV beat the same club's IV side 3-0.

City of York V cruised to a 8-1 victory over Selby II, whereas City of York VI suffered a heavy 5-0 loss to Scarborough II.

Pickering I were 10-0 winners against City of York VII.

l Meanwhile, in the Yorkshire and North East League Moors & Dale division one, Acomb Men I took their unbeaten run to three matches with a narrow 2-1 win over Wakefield IV.

Acomb took the lead early on when James Saunderson beat several defenders before finding John Forecast on the edge of the D, who drilled a low hard shot into the far bottom corner on the turn.

Wakefield got back on level terms mid-way through the half from a short corner shot, which somehow found its way through the narrowest of gaps between the keeper’s legs.

The second-half was a rugged affair, with several physical challenges, and a number of green-cards handed out, but Acomb got themselves in front with little over 10 minutes to play.

Saunderson danced his way through the defence before squaring to Jamie Robinson, who slotted home past the on-rushing keeper.