SELBY Town secured their joint biggest win of the league season after easing to a 4-0 victory over bottom side Teversal at the Fairfax Plant Hire Stadium, writes Phil Dearnley.

The result sees Selby unbeaten in their last three league matches since the humiliating 8-1 thrashing by Hallam, having won their last two.

Selby were generally in control of the entire game and, without quite hitting their scintillating heights, still won handsomely.

Early on, Town showed that they had the better forward players.

As early as the third minute, a Kain Rogerson cross was headed goalwards, only to hit the bar, with Teversal clearing in the following goal-mouth scramble.

The Robins were not to be denied for long.

A good passing move saw the ball moved in the Teversal box to Dan Davison

He had the time and space to shoot past the goalkeeper for an early Selby lead.

Anyone expecting an avalanche of goals was going to be disappointed, as Town huffed and puffed without creating clear cut chances.

Harry Clapham snatched at a half chance, shooting high and wide while Liam Flanagan's top corner effort instead flew just wide of its target.

With Teversal only able to muster a couple of long range shots, which didn’t threaten a goal, it was no surprise that half time was reached with no further addition to the score.

As the game restarted, it soon became clear that Selby had increased their intensity, and were on the hunt for more goals.

Selby were soon to extend their lead. Davison saw a deft header from a Luke Sellers cross strike off the far post.

Following up was fellow midfielder Chris Murray, who made no mistake from the rebound, to bag his first Selby goal.

More Robins opportunities quickly followed. Clapham shot agonisingly wide before Flanagan's attempt lacked the venom to trouble the opposition ‘keeper.

The third goal arrived in some style. A terrific cross-field pass by Ryan Gothard was neatly brought under control by Flanagan.

On the left side, close to the edge of the penalty area, he sent in right footed shot, which curled around the goalkeeper, and just inside the post.

Coming off the bench, Luke Balderson grabbed the fourth and final goal.

A free kick was cleared to the substitute in the box.

He was able to swivel, and smash a left footed drive past the goalkeeper.

In the dying seconds Balderson was nearly in again only to be blocked by desperate defenders.

Selby sit eighth in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League division one and could go above Saturday's opponents Nostell Miners Welfare into sixth with a win.