By John Clothier

TADCASTER Albion have opened applications for their vacant first-team manager role following the resignation of interim boss Steve Waide.

Waide, who had been with the Brewers for two and a half years, took over as caretaker manager at the end of August following Paul Quinn's departure to join Sheffield United Academy as a coach.

Taddy are winless in four games and Waide left the club following Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Lincoln United at Ings Lane.

Andy Monkhouse - brought in by Waide as assistant manager after spending time playing for the Brewers during the 2019/20 campaign - will take charge until a permanent boss is found.

Tadcaster currently sit 16th of 19 in the Northern Premier League east division with just one win to show for their first nine games.

Saturday's defeat to Lincoln followed a 2-0 midweek defeat to Stocksbridge Park Steels, for whom former Taddy marksman Joe Lumsden netted a quickfire brace.

On Saturday, Taddy were on the back foot from the 20th minute. Lincoln broke out of defence and centre-forward Jake Park was played through for a simple conversion beyond Davison-Hale.

The Brewers, who had otherwise started the game well, had a decent opportunity straight after through Eddie Church. Returning from a three-match ban, the striker could not finish from a tricky angle.

Davison-Hale was a relieved man when his poor clearance fell to Tobias Liversidge, who could not capitalise.

Taddy found the leveller with 18 minutes to go when Chimalilo sent a bicycle-kick sailing in after a Papprill header cannoned off a post.

But parity did not last long and Lincoln were back in front three minutes later, an unmarked Park heading home at the back post from a corner.

Taddy and Stocksbridge started the game in South Yorkshire on a fairly even footing. Des Amponsah missed a golden opportunity for the Brewers 15 minutes in when, played through one on one by Donald Chimalilo, he scuffed his shot into the grateful hands of keeper Ed Hall.

Five minutes later, Hall did well to hold a Frazier Papprill header from a corner taken by stand-in captain Corey Roper.

The hosts were able to launch a counter attack. Kesi Omolokun made a fantastic last-ditch tackle initially but the follow-up looked to have beaten Tad keeper Harrison Davison-Hale - only for Dan Hartley, who had positioned himself brilliantly, to head off the line to keep the game level.

Minutes later, Amponsah found himself in on goal again. This time the winger drove an effort goalward, forcing Hall into a fingertip save to deflect the ball over the bar.

Largely limited to efforts from range, Taddy went into the break level.

But they were faced with an uphill struggle with most of the second half remaining after Hartley was shown a straight red card for a trip.

In the 69th minute, Lumsden made Stocksbridge's numerical advantage count by firing the home side in front, and five minutes later, drilled home that advantage. After a double save from Davison-Hale, he hit the keeper's top-right corner through the fog from the right edge of the area.

Basement side Pickering Town are still winless in the east division. They had a blank weekend following their midweek 5-1 defeat at Liversedge, where Jack Johnson netted an 82nd-minute penalty to briefly make it 3-1.

By Phil Dearnley

SELBY Town are still flying high in Northern Counties East League division one after a 3-1 home win over Dronfield Town.

The third-placed Robins went into the break a goal down after one of their poorest first halves of the campaign so far but came roaring back in the second.

Quickfire goals from Liam Flanagan and Harry Clapham turned the game around with 20 minutes to go before talismanic striker Flanagan netted in the eighth minute of added time to put a bit of gloss on the scoreline.

The Robins were very much second-best for most of the first half and went behind in the 25th minute. Daniel Wood ran down the left side of Selby’s penalty area, leaving his defender for dead, before firing his shot beyond Dylan Parkin. 

At the other end, Selby's pacey front three found themselves nullified by Dronfield, whose defence sat a yard back to stop them getting in behind.

Selby came out in the second half more energetic and better in possession.

The equaliser arrived in the 69th minute from a corner. Kain Rogerson pinged in a low ball at the near post. With attackers and defenders on hand, it appeared that the goalkeeper attempted to claim the ball, only to inadvertently turn it into his own net, though Flanagan took the credit. 

Goals can be like buses and, sure enough, another Selby goal came along just a minute later. A long ball found Clapham with his sights set on goal. He coolly strode forward before planting his shot across the goalkeeper and in.

A full eight minutes into time added on, Dronfield paid the price for throwing men forward and, with space behind the Dronfield back line, a Rogerson pass split the defender and goalkeeper. Flanagan pushed the ball past the keeper and gleefully tapped into the empty net.

Before the fixture, club secretary Tommy Arkley was presented with the 2021 Barkston Ash FA Tommy Dixon award for services to football in recognition of his many years of service to Selby Town, among others.