YORK City Knights' 1895 Cup final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday is in doubt after a number of positive Covid-19 tests in the Featherstone Rovers squad.

The RFL have not said how many Featherstone players have reported positive tests ahead of the weekend's game, but stated that the news has "raised concerns about their ability to participate".

The Featherstone players that have tested negative are taking additional precautions to minimise any further risk.

Rovers' squad will undergo further testing this evening, with results to be received overnight in order to allow a decision on whether the final is played on Friday morning.

Neither club will be required to announce their 21-man squad today.

If the final is postponed, Featherstone and York fans will be entitled to apply for a refund, if they do not wish attend Wembley, with the Betfred Challenge Cup to be held later in the afternoon.

Details on how to secure a refund will be confirmed on Friday, if the game does not go ahead.