HEWORTH gave themselves a huge boost in National Conference League group 'G' with an emphatic 38-4 win over first division side Myton Warriors.

After conceding an early try at Elmpark Way, the Villagers went on to prove that they can compete at the higher level and posted three first-half touchdowns to put themselves 16-4 ahead at the break.

A sound defensive effort ensured that any thoughts the visitors had of a comeback in the second period were soon extinguished and the Black and Whites took full control to add four further unanswered tries in a devastating 17-minute period to seal a comprehensive win.

There were no signs of things to come when Warriors winger Lee James crossed in the left corner for an eighth-minute unconverted try.

Heworth levelled six minutes later with scrum-half Liam Jackson sending second-rower Harry Morland striding through a gap to score.

On 24 minutes, fellow second-row Fergus Chapman broke through the visitors' defence 30 metres out and strode away to touch down. Stand-off Danny Allan added the extras.

Four minutes later, the hosts took advantage of a loose carry by the visitors 20m from their own line and moved the ball swiftly to the left for Allan to race over and then slot the conversion.

Both sides started the second period in determined mood but it was the Villagers who gained the upper hand on 50 minutes when Chapman notched his second try after following up a smart attacking kick by Allan. Using his height advantage, he climbed above the defence, gathered and dotted down. Allan tagged on the goal.

Heworth were now on the front foot and started to produce some impressive handling which stretched the Humbersiders' defence.

Hooker Ben Dyson Dent sent prop Jonny Payne charging past several would-be tacklers to crash over under the posts for Allan to convert.

Three minutes later, Payne grabbed his second after backing up an excellent break by Allan to put the Black and Whites out of sight at 32-4.

On 67 minutes, full-back Fraser West scooted away from acting half down the blind side and handed on to substitute Stephen Gibbs who found centre Tyler Craig in support to cross for a well-worked try.

Loose forward Liam Richmond was voted man of the match for the Villagers.

In Yorkshire Men's League division three, Heworth 'A' won 20-16 at Stanningley 'A'.

The Villagers led 10-6 at the break with tries by Keenan Rushworh and Jake Atkinson along with one conversion from Ricky James.

Second-half touchdowns came from Jacob Bryan, goaled by James, and Jamie Price.

Prop Matt Withers was man of the match.