DUNNINGTON overcame a stubborn Rawcliffe side 3-2 to progress into the third round of the York Minster Engineering League Senior Cup.

Following last week's 1-1 draw, the sides were on an equal footing at the start, and Rawcliffe edged ahead when goalkeeper Michael Clancy fired home a penalty early in the second leg.

Dunnington responded and scored twice to gain an advantage of their own, only to see Niall Smallwood level matters once again.

The Common Road side sealed their qualification with a late goal as Rawcliffe were left to rue several missed chances.

Division one outfit Osbaldwick ditched premier division side Tadcaster Magnets out of the cup, defeating their hosts 4-0.

Troy Greening, Oliver Green, Cameron Loftus and Jack Brimmell all found the net.

Huntington Rovers cruised through to the third stage with a 10-1 aggregate defeat of Stamford Bridge.

A 5-0 second-leg win for Rovers saw Liam Flanagan (2), Alex Hields, Calum Ward and Josh Hutchinson all make the scoresheet.

Charlie Cook and Joe Davison struck for Strensall Tigers in a 2-1 second leg defeat of Poppleton United. Adam Ferguson replied for Poppy, who exited the competition following a 6-1 aggregate loss.

Wigginton Grasshoppers moved through to the semi-finals of the North Riding County FA Saturday County Cup with a 5-0 victory over Thirsk Falcons. Harry Clapham, Matthew Tiplady (2), Jamie Willstrop and Sam Gough scored.

In the York & District FA Junior Cup, Civil Service suffered a 5-2 setback at Wigginton Grasshoppers Reserves.

Ex-Wiggy player Luke Addison struck twice for the visitors but efforts from Tom Coates (2), Cameron Burdass (2) and James Sutton saw the Mill Lane side secure a semi-final place.

Christian Ardissone and Rob McDermid gave Duncombe Park a 2-0 League Junior Cup win over Bubwith White Swan. Their side progress to round three of the competition with a 5-1 aggregate win.

South Milford join them in the next stage following a 5-1 triumph at Fulford, resulting in a 9-3 success overall.

Tim Marks and Joe Davis helped Garforth to a 2-1 win over Kellingley Welfare, but it wasn't enough to overturn the deficit from the first leg, with Welfare going through 4-3 overall.

Pollington won 3-2 at The Beagle and sent the tie to penalties. The visitors held their nerve to win the shoot-out 5-4.

Following their 4-3 first leg win at home to Bishopthorpe in the Reserve Cup, the goals dried up for both sides in a much more cagey affair. Bish did enough to gain a 1-0 success and force the tie to penalties only to lose the shoot-out 6-5.

Malt Shovel defeated Thorpe United 3-1, their efforts coming from Foschi, Coulthard and Crowder. The win sends them through to round three following a 2-2 first-leg draw.

Dunnington defeated Wilberfoss 8-0. Finley Smith hit a hat-trick in the win, with Liam Hampton (2), Reece Morgan-Tolworthy, Max Potter and Rob Hart all netting.

Haxby Town defeated Harrison Signs 4-1 in the Senior Shield.

Craig Harrison, George Rhodes, Paul Holmes and Kris Robertshaw were all on the mark.

Marton Abbey built up a 3-0 half-time lead at Barmby Moor in the Junior Shield, but the champagne was on ice a little too early as the home side came back to force a 3-3 draw.

They then sent Abbey packing after winning the penalty shoot-out.

Alfie Temple (2), Robin Bedford and Harry Tinker fired Copmanthorpe to a 4-1 victory over York RI.

Dan Whitcombe, Kris Pennock and Scott Kay hit the target for Walnut Tree in a 3-0 victory over Wilberfoss.

In the Reserve Shield, Jonny Cooper and John Patrick notched for Strensall Tigers in a 2-2 share-all with Garforth. Tigers progressed following a 4-2 success on penalties.