TADCASTER Albion’s Emerging Talent Squad (ETS) has returned to action after a long lockdown with an undefeated pair of cup fixtures.

Time has been called on the Brewers' West Riding County FA Development League premier division campaign but the Senior Cup is continuing.

In the group stage, Taddy drew 3-3 at Pontefract Collieries before seeing off i2i International Soccer Academy (Blue) 3-0 the following week.

Pontefract took the lead on the former fixture but Taddy roared back to lead 3-1 at the break thanks to a Damian Giliga brace and a Jack Berman finish.

In a much tighter second period, the Colls reduced the deficit to one before finding a late equaliser.

At the Global Stadium, a young Tadcaster ETS side were impressive in the win over a good i2i ISA Blue outfit.

Despite an early scare when the visitors struck an upright in the opening minutes, the game never really looked out of Tad's control.

The hosts were well on the front foot and, on another day, could have been out of sight by the half-hour mark had they converted their chances.

Joe Stamp had the ball in the net for Albion but was denied by the offside flag.

Nevertheless, signs were positive for the Brewers, and Troy Greening broke the deadlock in the 35th minute. He got in between the two centre-halves before controlling and lifting the ball over the on-rushing keeper for a much-deserved goal.

It was not long before Tad had their second of the night. Stamp, who had been threatening down the left-hand side, got free and fired a shot across the goalkeeper into the far corner to give the hosts some breathing room.

And a few minutes later, Stamp doubled his personal tally. From a well-worked throw in, the ball was drilled across the goal and Stamp tapped in from point-blank range.

It could have been four as the clocked ticked towards half-time when a Giliga free kick hit a post.

Tadcaster were good value for their three-goal lead at half-time. Their back line had been scarcely troubled and looked good in possession while going forward.

There was less goalmouth action in the second half. Stamp had the ball in the net for the fourth time but was again denied by the flag.

Otherwise, the hosts managed the second 45 in a mature and professional manner after building up what turned out to be an unassailable lead in the first half.