WITH York Minster Engineering League premier division leaders Dunnington on cup duty, Tadcaster Magnets made the most of their opportunity to close the gap at the top to six points and move up into second position in the process.

A 5-0 success over F1 Racing allowed Magnets to move three points ahead of Wigginton Grasshoppers in third, though the latter have games in hand.

Matthew Howgate (2), Ellis Stephenson, Jonny Hadley and Scott Nicholas netted the goals for Magnets.

Rawcliffe found themselves down to 10 men after just half an hour at Easingwold Town but put on a magnificent team performance to secure a 3-0 success. A penalty from goalkeeper Michael Clancy along with an own goal and a Niall Smallwood strike saw the visitors leave with the spoils.

A Joe Davison strike earned Strensall Tigers a point from their trip to Thorpe United. Kev Simpson had initially given the hosts a first-half lead.

Most people will be glad to see 2020 end, but division one leaders Tockwith will be hoping to see little change on a football front with the arrival of the New Year. A Tom Richards double and a Chris Fairhurst effort saw them gain a 3-0 triumph over visiting Brooklyn - a win that extends their perfect winning streak to seven games.

Osbaldwick remain level with Tockwith following a 7-2 success over Cliffe, but have taken two extra games to reach the 21-point tally. Cameron Loftus bagged a hat-trick in the success over Cliffe with Jack Brimmell (2), Chris Bilton and Fergus McAughtrie also making the scoresheet.

Malt Shovel put six past Riccall United without reply. Brad Hall (2), Deacon Brace (2), James Butcher and Ben Tope collected the haul.

Bishopthorpe United defeated Harrison Signs 8-1.

The only game in division two pitted top against bottom as promotion-chasing Cawood travelled to lowly Heslington. The match went to form, but only after an almighty struggle, with Heslington making the pacesetters work for a narrow 3-2 success.

Sean Allen and Nathan Brigham struck for the home side with Matthew Ward (2) and Paul Winterburn seeing Cawood over the line.

Wilberfoss continue to lead the way in division three after a 5-0 victory at Barmby Moor.

Fulford are just two points adrift of the top and kept their momentum going with a 3-0 triumph over Duncombe Park. Jamie Reeson, Ben Singleton and Kieran Costanzo found the net.

Tom Ord, Charlie Bowers, Ali Harvey and Jenson Joseph struck for York St John as the students defeated Copmanthorpe 4-3.

Steven Ellis (2) and Michael Brooks replied.

Honours were even in the only game to be played in division four, as Sporting Knavesmire and York RI played out a 3-3 draw.

Jamie Rutherford, Dec Dewhurst and Luca Cipriano fired in for the hosts with Tommy Walsh, Jai Wilson and Kia Doughty replying for RI.

In reserve ‘A’, Dringhouses registered a 3-2 win over Rufforth United thanks to an own goal and strikes from Myles Frodsham and Mitch Parker.

Poppleton United were victorious 4-1 at Thorpe United.

Hemingbrough continued their fine form in reserve ‘B’, hammering Copmanthorpe 11-0.

Rowan Todd and Dayton Scott struck for Haxby Town as they beat Malt Shovel 2-1.

Riccall United opened up a six-point gap to closest rivals Brooklyn at the top of reserve ‘C’ , defeating their challengers 1-0. Hedley Benn-Harris got the goal.

Shaun Rayner and Lee Harris netted for Civil Service in a 7-2 defeat at a rampant Wheldrake.

James Smith and Martyn Fielden both bagged braces for Wheldrake, with George Pethullis, Sam Geaves and John Hall also on target.

Robert Corker, Alfred Thompson and Oli Clark struck to earn Heslington a point from their 3-3 draw at Walnut Tree.