TADCASTER Albion's FA Cup run came to an end as Darlington proved far too strong in a 6-1 win.

Tadcaster were competing in third round qualifying for only the second time in the club's history and were unable to bridge the gulf in quality compared to their opposition, who play two tiers higher.

Darlington were quickly in their stride with Ben Hedley coming face-to-face with Will Appleyard in the second minute, but the Taddy keeper was immediately off his line to push the shot away.

The Quakers were well in the groove with fast accurate passing causing problems for the visitors and an early goal seemed inevitable.

It duly arrived on 13 minutes when Michael Liddle calmly drove the ball into the far corner of the net in a one-on-one.

The pressure was relentless as Sean Reid’s first effort was cleared away only to be driven back to him in a perfect scoring position, but he missed his shot completely.

The hosts doubled the advantage on 33 minutes when, inexplicably, Taddy's defence momentarily froze and Alex Storey had the easiest of headers.

Moments later, Jarrett Rivers collected a reverse pass and thumped in number three, leaving Tadcaster with a mountain to climb.

To their credit, Albion were making a fight of it despite the scoreline as Junayd Pandor's defence-splitting pass across the box was just inches beyond the incoming Kevin Dos Santos.

The second half unfortunately saw Albion succumb to two more early goals before they had a chance to get into their stride.

Justin Donawa collected a through ball and the shot deflected off a defender and bobbled over Appleyard into the net.

Donawa then sped down the right flank before his cross found Rivers unmarked for an easy conversion.

Taddy continued to push for a consolation with Simon Russell putting a shot wide and Ify Ofoegbu and Dos Santos seeing efforts saved.

Nevertheless, on 75 minutes, the goal arrived courtesy of Jack Crook who having collected a pass from Russell, charged through the centre of the park before curling a left-footed strike home.

There remained for Darlington to score again, catching the away side out again on 82 minutes. Substitute Theo Hudson put Donawa through to thunder in number six to round off the rout.