THE two teams leading the way in the York Minster Engineering League premier division both registered identical two-nil wins on Saturday to keep the status quo at the top of the division.

A first-minute free-kick from Wigginton's Gary Newton paved the way for Grasshoppers to register a win against Easingwold, with the result only being confirmed ten minutes from time when Harry Clapham fired home.

Like Wigginton, Thorpe United took an early lead at Rawcliffe through Michael Braithwaite and had to battle hard against determine home opposition to confirm the points.

Rawcliffe enjoyed their fair share of possession but could not finish their chance and were punished when Paul Moran added Thorpe's second in the 56th minute to secure the points.

Dunnington continued their unbeaten run with a 3-0 win at Huntington Rovers.

A superb long-range strike from George Brown proved to be the only goal of the game as Dringhouses were triumphant at Old Malton St Marys.

Alex Clarke hit a consolation for F1 at home to Kirkbymoorside but first half goals from Dan Ward and Max Harland meant that the visitors had already secured the points, leading 2-1 at the final whistle.

That whistle didn't come soon enough for Strensall Tigers, who led 2-1 in the 90th minute at home to Tadcaster Magnets through strikes from Dan Davison and Isaac Clark.

A severe loss of concentration saw them concede twice in stoppage time as Tadcaster Magnets left with a 3-2 victory. Scott Nicholas, Joe Smyth and Paul Bentley grabbed the Magnets goals.

Only one game was played in Division One, and it saw Osbaldwick topple Haxby Town, winning 3-0. Connor Campbell, Troy Greening and Cameron Loftus all made the score sheet for Osso.

The Beagle and Bubwith both kept up their 100 per cent record in Division Two, defeating Clifford and Heslington respectively.

Late goals from Tom Mannion and James Smith fired The Beagle to a 2-1 win at home to Clifford whilst Bubwith White Swan put three past Heslington without reply.

Cawood sit third after their 5-2 home win over Rufforth United. Matthew Duck (2), Matthew Ward, Lewis Hall and Patrick Guest all found the net for the hosts.

Wheldrake and Wombleton drew 2-2 with Sam Greaves bagged a brace for the former.

Garforth and Wilberfoss continue to lock horns at the top of Division Three, with both sides making it three wins from three as they recorded away victories this weekend.

Adam Webster netted four times for 'Foss as they won 5-0 at Copmanthorpe. Dan Gibney hit the visitors' fifth. Meanwhile Garforth gained a steady 3-0 success over Duncombe Park.

Adam Beevers gave Church Fenton a first minute lead over Helperby and an entertaining game followed that finally saw Fenton emerge successful 5-4. Marcus Shepherd (2), Stephen James and George Coe hit the rest of the home team's goals.

South Milford continue to show the way in Division Four thanks to a dominant 8-3 win at Elvington Harriers. Daniel Middleton collected a hat-trick, with Tom Micklethwaite-Charles and Rory McCrea also bagging a brace each. Lee Jones struck the final goal for the visitors.

Jai Wilson continued his free-scoring run but was again on the losing side as York RI crashed to a 4-3 home defeat to Kellingley Welfare. Wilson's hat-trick feat was matched by Steven Athorne for Kellingley with Ben Blackett hitting the decisive fourth for the away side. Sporting Knavesmire defeated Bishop Wilton 3-2.